candy basslet

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what temp do you need to keep the tank at for them will 76 be fine?

will it do better as the only fish or shall i add others 20 gallon AIO waterbox cube

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if anyone is interested in what the actual fish i am getting will look like this is a pic of it
candy basslet.png

They have had it for 1 month and is eating well

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the tank is cycled, Id just keep it as the Star in a species system.
i was kind of wanting a ruby red scooter blenny in the future aswell i have found someones build thread a 15 gallon and they have a mandarin so following his progress if he is successful with a mandarin in a 15 gallon i am going to get a ruby red

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Those basslets are gorgeous.
Regarding adding the Scooter, you're going to want a lot of live rock and available food for them.

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking about setting up a 15-25 gallon AIO for one of these too. Liveaquaria suggests 68-74 due to their deep water habitat. For my proposed setup, I was planning to do 74 to stay closer to it's preferred range while still being able to keep some tropical/hardy coral with it. But lots of posts I've read suggest it's quite hardy and can acclimate fine to normal reef tank conditions.

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Those basslets are gorgeous.
Regarding adding the Scooter, you're going to want a lot of live rock and available food for them.
well like i said i am tracking someones build thread if it works out for him i'm going to try if not ima skip he has currently had the mandarin for like 2 months

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have kept candies for over 10 years. One of my favorite fish of all-time. They are very hardy and play well with others. Temperature isn't as big of a factor as the proper nutrition and proper tankmates. Being a carnivore, it definitely needs meaty foods. It also needs tank mates that won't pick on it and lastly lots of rock for security. Good luck and congrats on attaining such a beautiful fish.

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept candies for over 10 years. One of my favorite fish of all-time. They are very hardy and play well with others. Temperature isn't as big of a factor as the proper nutrition and proper tankmates. Being a carnivore, it definitely needs meaty foods. It also needs tank mates that won't pick on it and lastly lots of rock for security. Good luck and congrats on attaining such a beautiful fish.
so i can keep the temp at 78?

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so i can keep the temp at 78?
I kept one for 4 years in 78-80 and it did just fine. Of course if you can keep it 76-78 without going to too much trouble, then that would be ideal. Oh BTW, also make sure you have a lid on the tank. I had one jump. Luckily I was home and was able to rescue it.

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept one for 4 years in 78-80 and it did just fine. Of course if you can keep it 76-78 without going to too much trouble, then that would be ideal. Oh BTW, also make sure you have a lid on the tank. I had one jump. Luckily I was home and was able to rescue it.
yea always have lids on my tank ;)

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What was your longest lived specimen? I read somewhere they have a life span of like 15 years, which is awesome considering the price tag

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back