Candy crush iron man hybrid disco

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this shroom up from a black Friday sale. Anyone got an id? Looks smooth like an iron man not bumpy like a jawbreaker but it's brighter orange then my jawbreakers and slightly metallic like an eclectus but the kicker is insanely bright green stripes like a jawbreaker would get. Looks like a smooth metallic candy crush.

20201203_204345.jpg 20201203_204341.jpg

Goonofthelagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huh, Ive seen these, but Ive only seen people in australia have them. they dont have a name yet. But when you get a baby or another one of it, send it my way, ill pay handsomely. I saw one a while back and ive been looking for one ever since

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huh, Ive seen these, but Ive only seen people in australia have them. they dont have a name yet. But when you get a baby or another one of it, send it my way, ill pay handsomely. I saw one a while back and ive been looking for one ever since

I love it. I thought it was something special when I saw it and took the gamble. I will keep you posted. Hopefully drops babies as fast as a regular disco.

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's a slightly better picture of it now that it's settling in. It's insanely bright and the green is also very vivid. As much or more then my jawbreakers.... possibly because of the overall metallic sheen. Extremely happy I took the chance on this one. The green wasn't visible when i purchased it as the shroom had just come in and was closed up. Even though I paid a good bit even with black Friday discount there was just an eclectus look to it so I took the chance and rolled the dice. Im hoping it drops babies as fast as a regular discosoma rather then in jawbreaker fashion.

Attachments

• 20201206_022641.jpg
    20201206_022641.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice grab. Digging the green stripe its going to be interesting to see how it develops for sure.

Yea I'm hoping it develops with age in jawbreaker style. Might turn into a really sick little shroom.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I'm hoping it develops with age in jawbreaker style. Might turn into a really sick little shroom.
For sure. Cant wait to see it acclimated in a couple weeks. My Electus grows and acts much differently than my Jawbreakers. Electus seem much hardier than the regular orange JB as well.
Going to be cool to see how and what yours does here.

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electus lol I been spelling it wrong. Do you think this is some sort of electus? Ive never owned any although have wanted to for sure. It's metallic like an electus that's for sure. The color scheme just isn't any I've seen in electus before. Thanks for the feedback.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electus lol I been spelling it wrong. Do you think this is some sort of electus? Ive never owned any although have wanted to for sure. It's metallic like an electus that's for sure. The color scheme just isn't any I've seen in electus before. Thanks for the feedback.
Super Hard to say right now. It does look like a Jawbreaker. I believe the only thing that differentiates JB's and Electus are the color schemes and patterns. I have seen Electus with all kinds of different color schemes and patterns just not like that one. I have seen the green stripe in both Electus and Jawbreakers though yours looks more like an Electus but Orangish cap.
Does it keep the same vivid color no matter what light its in?

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does... well I've only hit it under 14k metal halides or straight t5 blue plus and even under the 14k halide it's still pumpkin orange. The green isn't as noticeable though. Yea it almost has the color scheme of an Andres ultimate jb but still electus metallic. Im with you though. Ive never seen this color on electus.

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pic now that it's settled in. It's a bit bigger then a nickle and it seems to be really happy. Hopefully how I glued it on the 4" frag plate with pieces of reborn around it, it decides to start walking.

Attachments

• 20201216_004336.jpg
    20201216_004336.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 113

Goonofthelagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pic now that it's settled in. It's a bit bigger then a nickle and it seems to be really happy. Hopefully how I glued it on the 4" frag plate with pieces of reborn around it, it decides to start walking.
If it does and drops a baby, dont forget about me lol

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got you 100%. You're first on the list my friend

We have a tiny little booger in development my good friend. She started walking a couple weeks ago so I helped her out a bit and sliced through the foot. Momma took it well and we now have the tiniest little baby starting to form under mommas skirt.

Anyway here's an updated couple pics from today. The green is coming in strong and momma is growing faster then any of my jawbreaker types grow.

There's also a pic from far away showing her next to my mushroom box. She's been under a ledge lately so she's much darker then normal but ive been keeping her in low light to help convince her to move. Anyway the other shrooms in the box are all jawbreakers, candy crush and deadpools. She's easily as bright as them now even though she's been in the shadows. Normally she's brighter then all of them.

Attachments

• 20210211_170350.jpg
    20210211_170350.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210211_170419.jpg
    20210211_170419.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 67

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice man. Was able to clone mama green jb same way got a little booger brewing as well.
Can't wait to see how this turns out:)

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice man. Was able to clone mama green jb same way got a little booger brewing as well.
Can't wait to see how this turns out:)

I haven't recieved any notifications lately on your green momma post. Throw her up here I been wondering how she's looking.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back