Canon Camera to go with lenses

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I had a canon eos rebel T1i but it’s broken and not worth fixing as it wasn’t that great for me. I still have some lenses I used with it and I was wondering what you guys think would be a good canon camera that goes with these lenses below. My aunt says that some canon models can’t work with the lenses I have. The t1i is a really old model so the lenses are probably as well. I’m not sure, my mom is the one who used them. And for a cheaper price, like around under $550?

here are the lenses, thanks in advance!
B1FDBAFA-5E64-448F-A9B4-7684F528838E.jpeg
5A852EFD-2A71-4370-AEA8-ADC182D7DC55.jpeg

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are both canon lenses, designed for canon EF mounts and will fit any Canon DSLR including the 60D and Rebel T3i. However, since both 60D and Rebel T3i use crop sensors, the actual focal length will be around 135mm on the 85. FYI all EF and EF-S lenses fit on newer SLR canon bodies. EF-S wont work for EF only bodies though.

They do make lens adapters but you get into a long list of compatible cameras and changed focal length.

Check out B&H. you can search by cannon and then search by EF mount. Also you can search EF adapters there.

OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are both canon lenses, designed for canon EF mounts and will fit any Canon DSLR including the 60D and Rebel T3i. However, since both 60D and Rebel T3i use crop sensors, the actual focal length will be around 135mm on the 85. FYI all EF and EF-S lenses fit on newer SLR canon bodies. EF-S wont work for EF only bodies though.

They do make lens adapters but you get into a long list of compatible cameras and changed focal length.

Check out B&H. you can search by cannon and then search by EF mount. Also you can search EF adapters there.

Thank you! I’m wondering if the zoom lense works as a macro lens for my corals too? I really don’t know much about cameras too. I was looking at the Canon T7 , do you think that works?

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the EF lens with that camera but not the EF-S lens. It's not a macro lens but you can get pretty close up with it. Macro lenses are always better when purchased specifically. You will also want an amber filter to get good pictures with blues on.

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoom and macro are two different things. Zoom refers to a lens’s ability to change focal length. Macro means it was designed to have a close minimum focus distance and a large magnification of the subject. If you’re looking for a macro lens, you should look for one that has macro in the model name. Some are higher quality than others, but it’s made by Canon, it won’t be garbage.

I’d recommend looking for a refurbished camera from the Canon direct website. They go in and out of stock all the time, so it’s worth rechecking if the model you want isn’t in stock currently.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back