Can't Find Yasha Goby

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yasha Goby I had quarantined for 2 weeks and put it in with a pistol shrimp 5 days ago. The pistol shrimp has a full cave and is happy and healthy. The Yasha Goby I have not seen a glimpse of for 5 days now. Like not at all. I have no clue where in my tank he is. Ive tried feeding all over the tank to get him to come out. He still hasn't paired up with the shrimp and Im really getting worried. Should I cut my loss and say he's dead or is this normal?

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can honestly say that this is pretty normal. He may even be with the pistol already and not coming out. They seriously disappear when they are first introduced. I wouldn’t cut your losses until after at LEAST two weeks.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can honestly say that this is pretty normal. He may even be with the pistol already and not coming out. They seriously disappear when they are first introduced. I wouldn’t cut your losses until after at LEAST two weeks.
Few, that's a relief. How would you recommend getting food to him though? Because I have no clue where he is I don't know where to target feed.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few, that's a relief. How would you recommend getting food to him though? Because I have no clue where he is I don't know where to target feed.
Broadcast feeding is the best way. IME, target feeding gobies isn’t needed, they are surprisingly aggressive feeders for their size.

Lionardo_056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yasha Goby I had quarantined for 2 weeks and put it in with a pistol shrimp 5 days ago. The pistol shrimp has a full cave and is happy and healthy. The Yasha Goby I have not seen a glimpse of for 5 days now. Like not at all. I have no clue where in my tank he is. Ive tried feeding all over the tank to get him to come out. He still hasn't paired up with the shrimp and Im really getting worried. Should I cut my loss and say he's dead or is this normal?
my goby didn’t come out until day 3 and after that every time I enter the room he went into his cave under a rock. My best advice will be not to move any rocks and wait it out. If you don’t want to wait just start lifting the rocks slowly one by one.

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a lid or mesh top? If not, check the floor below and around the aquarium.
I lost a goby on the floor. He jumped and flopped around for quite a distance. Ended up under a cabinet 3 meters from the tank.

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Assuming he didn’t jump, I wouldn’t worry. I didn’t see mine for 2 months when I put him into my main display. I had given him up for dead. Then one day, he poked his head out.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back