Can't Unscrew RODI Canisters

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Finally I got them open. Once I pushed down on my float valve and tried to open it, i got it open no problem. I gues I thought since it was a float valve all the water would flow out. Thanks a lot
Yep - relieving he pressure makes all the difference in the world. You must have your system plumbed with the waste water going through the ASOV valve.
 
I think I mentioned doing this way back on the first page of the thread. Easy step to overlook but really makes a difference.
 
Reviving a dead thread here but sweet goodness I can’t get these things off. I was able to get one carbon block off but my DI, sediment, and other carbon block are immovable. Using the wrench, the metal connecting it to the wall is bending before these things will let loose. I will try getting a strap wrench but any other suggestions? BRS just tightens them up too much.
 
Reviving a dead thread here but sweet goodness I can’t get these things off. I was able to get one carbon block off but my DI, sediment, and other carbon block are immovable. Using the wrench, the metal connecting it to the wall is bending before these things will let loose. I will try getting a strap wrench but any other suggestions? BRS just tightens them up too much.
I said it before, but they are dead easy to remove with a bench vice- just stick the canister in the vice and turn the rest of the assembly
 
I got the same issue but mine is not mounted. The strap wrench finally help me open the DI canister.
Btw.. if you havent bought the strap wrench. Make sure you buy a decent one.. the cheap one from lowes doesnt help me. LoL
 
Last edited:
Reviving a dead thread here but sweet goodness I can’t get these things off. I was able to get one carbon block off but my DI, sediment, and other carbon block are immovable. Using the wrench, the metal connecting it to the wall is bending before these things will let loose. I will try getting a strap wrench but any other suggestions? BRS just tightens them up too much.
Sometimes for me, I’ll use the wrench BRS includes, turn the wrench to loosen until it won’t turn anymore, and then whack the wrench with a mallet to turn it more
 
Try one of these! I have a pair

79AF6EC3-2AB5-4D66-8ADD-147B0EAB9338.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new