Captive Bred Potter’s Angelfish

CodeNameGoldMember

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the shut down of Hawaii, conveniently, some of my biggest fish wants are all local to the area. One of those on that list though was the Potter’s Dwarf Angelfish and as soon as I heard Biota had successfully bred them I knew I had to get one. I knew the price tag wouldn’t come cheap but if I can get one of my dream fish AND support a group that has brought this and many other species to us, then by all means, take my money.

I’ve never ordered directly from Biota so that was a first for me and I’d have to say the experience was as smooth as I needed it to be. I ordered this little guy and a female mandarin to pair with my captive bred male I picked up a couple months ago. They arrived on my selected date and both looked fantastic right out of the bag.

This little one came in roughly the size of a quarter and has been doing great (since last Tuesday when it was put into the tank). It’s taken to all sorts of food including flake, small frozen, and masstick. It’s also picking at my rocks constantly but hasn’t touched any coral so far thankfully.

Anyways, I’m super stoked to have this little guy in my tank and am thankful Biota has provided us with them.

IMG_8268.jpeg IMG_8271.jpeg IMG_8274.jpeg

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Glad the little guy is doing well. All of my biota fish have been great!

Potter’s angel has always been my favorite! This was mine like 10 years ago when I got it for the good ol day prices of $70. Such a stunning fish and the only angel I’ve had that didn’t nip at everything lol

36DE9F54-61D2-4597-96B0-976C770C3642.jpeg

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the shut down of Hawaii, conveniently, some of my biggest fish wants are all local to the area. One of those on that list though was the Potter’s Dwarf Angelfish and as soon as I heard Biota had successfully bred them I knew I had to get one. I knew the price tag wouldn’t come cheap but if I can get one of my dream fish AND support a group that has brought this and many other species to us, then by all means, take my money.

I’ve never ordered directly from Biota so that was a first for me and I’d have to say the experience was as smooth as I needed it to be. I ordered this little guy and a female mandarin to pair with my captive bred male I picked up a couple months ago. They arrived on my selected date and both looked fantastic right out of the bag.

This little one came in roughly the size of a quarter and has been doing great (since last Tuesday when it was put into the tank). It’s taken to all sorts of food including flake, small frozen, and masstick. It’s also picking at my rocks constantly but hasn’t touched any coral so far thankfully.

Anyways, I’m super stoked to have this little guy in my tank and am thankful Biota has provided us with them.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. That is a full bodied little lad and looks great. I'm pretty biased though as I have several fish from Biota to include their Pink Square Anthias.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely cute fish, magnificent carving, congratulations on your new addition, do you have any other dwarf angels that could become a welcoming party?

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for supporting us! She looks great in her new environment!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do! We're working on a batch right now that will hopefully be to size in a few months

Must be that Barry White bass-baritone voice playing in the back ground that gets the Potter's going :D

GO TEAM BIOTA!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back