Carbon doser v2 problem

JDJP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the carbon doser plugged into a milwaukee ph controller and it works as it should untill the ph controller tries to turn it back on. The blue light on the power supply comes on but the carbon doser doesn't start flashing or letting co2 bubble. However if I disconnect the power from either end and plug it back in when the ph controller is already activated the carbon doser turns on as it should.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the blue light part off your Milwaukee or is the blue light part of the co2 carbon doser / regulator?

Need to find out which one of the two has a power short.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty weird that the Milwaukee will switch the outlet back on, the carbon doser power supply lights up but the carbon doser doesn’t start up. Just for fun I would take the carbon doser power supply and plug it in to a switched outlet (or unplug and plug it back in) and cycle power to see if it works fine outside of the Milwaukee. If the problem continues it’s probably the carbon doser power supply or less likely the carbon doser itself. If you can’t replicate the problem then I would suspect the Milwaukee. Good luck

premierfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the carbon doser plugged into a milwaukee ph controller and it works as it should untill the ph controller tries to turn it back on. The blue light on the power supply comes on but the carbon doser doesn't start flashing or letting co2 bubble. However if I disconnect the power from either end and plug it back in when the ph controller is already activated the carbon doser turns on as it should.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks
I own a large maintenance company in Denver. We have been using carbon dosers for years. We have had 0 issues with the original style. In the last 4 months a number of new v2 dosers have had problems right after installing them. Including 2 having the same issue your experiencing. We called the manufacturer and he was not much help because if we plugged the doser into an outlet it did operate, so he contended it was the ph controller that was the issue. One of the units finally just stopped working all togeather, even if it was plugged directly into an outlet. We also tried a new power supply on that unit and still dead. The other unit with this specific issue we are going to run it off an apex and see if the same problem arises. If so then we will know for sure it’s the carbon doser and not the ph controller.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back