Carbon filter

jeharrisonjr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2012
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone keeps telling me to pull the carbon and guts out of my filter. My friends says its needed because I have a mushroom coral. Could some please explain if I do or don't and why.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
 
You should be able to successfully keep mushrooms with or without carbon in your tank. Carbon polishes the water, making it clear, while removing organics from the water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new