Carbonate Hardness to high?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bassintoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bassintoo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
Collierville, tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok got my tank up and running finally, 75 gallon cube. put the water on steroids and after about 24 hours all my water tests are reading suprisingly pretty good. the only one i didnt think was right was the carbonate hardness, my result was about 161 ppm kh, or 9 dkh. is this something i need to try to lower or will it come down on its own. i dont have any live stock in it yet.
 
Cool. Only things I have found on the net so far said about 5 to 7 dkh. That's good now I guess I'll just let it run and see if it stays pretty stable.
 
7 is as low as I would ever let my alk get. 5 is too low. 7-10 dkh is a good range for alkalinity. There is a different range of alk in almost every salt mix.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new