Carolina Fish House 1000 gallon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering. In the lagoon setups are any pumps or wave makers utilized for random flow? At a minium just stir things up?

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering. In the lagoon setups are any pumps or wave makers utilized for random flow? At a minium just stir things up?

Yep, there sure are. In the middle one there are two big powerheads that push 3,000gph each. The right tank has the return now from the tank upstairs and another powerhead pushing around 2,000gph.

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you looking at!

83d13a76695ba8321ff388e7e98ba8e9.jpg

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I so so so lucky!!!! I never tested the system for a power outage and the drain down from all the tanks. We are talking a 240 display and two 300 gallon coral tubs. I get home to find the display about 3" lower than it normally is and don't even notice until I go to drop food in and the distance until it hits the water. Panic mode sets in and I sprint downstairs. Well more of a shuffle while holding an IPA I just cracked open. Expecting to find a wall that is soaked and wet carpet I bust into the fish room. The sump was 1" from an overflow! No spillage at all, the float valve on the skimmer shut itself off as well! I'm sooooo lucky and the thoughts of a massive cleanup and running to the store to buy fans was running through my mind during the 10 seconds it took to get to the fish room. What a relief!!!! It turns out now I don't need to test the draindown and I'm good to go ;)

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this going to be moving business away from the VA location or is this in addition?

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this going to be moving business away from the VA location or is this in addition?

This is really just for my own personal addiction of corals. Not taking anything away from our location in VA. The idea is to grow corals in this locations and bring them back up VA. Also, mail order and few other things in the works. Might have a large location in the mix to take this to the next level locally here in Raleigh.

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really just for my own personal addiction of corals. Not taking anything away from our location in VA. The idea is to grow corals in this locations and bring them back up VA. Also, mail order and few other things in the works. Might have a large location in the mix to take this to the next level locally here in Raleigh.
where is your store in VA? and what is it's name?

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's about a 1/4 of the 300 gallon frag tank. Lots more fragging to do tonight.

98caca1110c2d3003ae975f45c29eab8.jpg

Great looking corals. Question, from the reflection it looks like you're using Chinese black box LED lights? How do you like them? Do you get good coral growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other.

Back