Carpet anemone and inverts

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What inverts can be housed with carpet anemones? Looking to add shrimp and crabs.

Also what fish can safely be with carpets with out getting eaten ? Thanks in advance

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking into the Stichodactyla haddoni, gigantea, or mertensii? If so, clarkiis can go with these guys. Although, they may get large for a 28g, but so will one of these carpets. Most cleaner shrimp will be fine with the carpets. Crabs will say away unless it is a porcelain that will live with it.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking into the Stichodactyla haddoni, gigantea, or mertensii? If so, clarkiis can go with these guys. Although, they may get large for a 28g, but so will one of these carpets. Most cleaner shrimp will be fine with the carpets. Crabs will say away unless it is a porcelain that will live with it.
I believe it’s a Haddoni I’ve had it for about 5 months now. Its coming out of my biocube in to much 40 today. I’ve had it with a gold nugget with no problem. Really looking for inverts for it to be with it
45F8CA0A-1907-4492-B7F5-91E3324479F2.jpeg

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea that is a Haddoni.
Most crabs and shrimp will be fine but it can eat anything that get close to it.
Anemone shrimp and crabs are fine.
Most fish it can catch except those associated with anemones like clownfish.
I have had my mini maxi catch several fish and they are way smaller.
I know someone who lost a ton of fish to his and for the longest time didn't know why..

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that is a Haddoni.
Most crabs and shrimp will be fine but it can eat anything that get close to it.
Anemone shrimp and crabs are fine.
Most fish it can catch except those associated with anemones like clownfish.
I have had my mini maxi catch several fish and they are way smaller.
I know someone who lost a ton of fish to his and for the longest time didn't know why..
Thank you for the info. That’s why I’m asking I don’t want to keep losing fish or inverts. I have 4 sexy shrimp in my rock flower tank so I don’t want to do those I want some thing else. I have a mini max in the 40 too. In my rock flower tank I have one rfa that’s bigger then a dvd. My starry blenny was a meal to it -_-

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fish know to stay away.. I think the real problem is with skittish fish or tanks with bullies that chase other fish...
Thank you, honestly don’t know if I will add anymore fish. I have my gold nugget clown and a lighting in the 40 now. Only other fish I was thinking about was a blue velvet damsel.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes swim space is also a factor, when I see someone saying they lose a lot of fish to nems I usually wonder how crowded the tank is.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are damsels themselves, kinda. Adding another kind of damsel of any variety CAN lead to bad things. Just some food for thought.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes swim space is also a factor, when I see someone saying they lose a lot of fish to nems I usually wonder how crowded the tank is.
I think I’ll just leave it to my two clowns for fish and just add some inverts so hopefully I won’t have any losses

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back