Caught Puprle Tang!!!!!!

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i caught my purple tang so that i can trade it in for a smaller one.. I caught him in one of those critter cages and i gotta leave it in the tank until Wednesday or Sunday which is when i can go in to trade him. Do u think he will be OK and not get all stressed out until then or what should i do?? He just went in when i was talking on the phone and i just pulled the string right away to trap him... If i release him he might not go anywhere near the cage again..

IMG_0525.jpg2.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg2.jpg

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right, the fish probably would not go any where need the trap again. But a week in such a small area will not be very healthy for it. Wednesday would not be bad but Sunday is a long time. During that time it will most likely not eat.. Do you have a large enough sump to put it in?

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put it in the biggest container you have and can fit inside your tank and you should be fine till wed.
Or you can put a divider in tank like some eggcrate and keep him on one side. I will warn you though - make sure it fits TIGHT - they can and will squeeze through the bottom if they really want to, and their is enough sand they can move out of the way.

OP
OP
Xler8n

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no eggcrate/ I can put him in my sump but its not very big but bigger than the critter cage. I can also put him in a bucket but that might not be too good

OP
OP
Xler8n

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK put him in the sump.. I hope he will be OK for a couple days.. What do u guys think?? Much better then that small critter cage.. There is some grape caulerpa and cheato in there so i think hell be ok and not get all stressed out
... Hes already eating the caulerpa... Ughhh... What did i do?? I hope he doesnt wipe out all my caulerpa while hes down there..

Back