Ceramic Magnets from hardware store reef safe?

they look like KJ's but I can't be sure, that didnt say if was from kj site.


I have these same magnets in place for year ten honestly I think we just hit a dec submerged. great magnets, great great reefing magnets. not one crack at all.
I’m looking into the possibility of placing rock onto the glass.
 
I believe that if most impellers have ceramic ferrite magnets, then they should be relatively reef safe. I have some mini float switches that I would like to use in some dosing containers (Ca, KH, Mg, Vinegar), but discovered that the float has a magnet ring exposed. Do you think it would be safe? First of all, they are not going to be in salt water. Second, they will not be in constant friction (unlike impellers). Would it be safe?
 
I have been buying K and J magnets plastic-dipped magnets for 12 years now, I have some underwater the whole time, these are the right ones to get.
 
I believe that if most impellers have ceramic ferrite magnets, then they should be relatively reef safe. I have some mini float switches that I would like to use in some dosing containers (Ca, KH, Mg, Vinegar), but discovered that the float has a magnet ring exposed. Do you think it would be safe? First of all, they are not going to be in salt water. Second, they will not be in constant friction (unlike impellers). Would it be safe?
Any feedback about my question?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new