Ceramic Magnets from hardware store reef safe?

christyahumada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they look like KJ's but I can't be sure, that didnt say if was from kj site.

I have these same magnets in place for year ten honestly I think we just hit a dec submerged. great magnets, great great reefing magnets. not one crack at all.
I’m looking into the possibility of placing rock onto the glass.

Boogiedown_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s the verdict on your head ceramic magnets, has anyone tested there resistance in a saltwater aquarium?

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that if most impellers have ceramic ferrite magnets, then they should be relatively reef safe. I have some mini float switches that I would like to use in some dosing containers (Ca, KH, Mg, Vinegar), but discovered that the float has a magnet ring exposed. Do you think it would be safe? First of all, they are not going to be in salt water. Second, they will not be in constant friction (unlike impellers). Would it be safe?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been buying K and J magnets plastic-dipped magnets for 12 years now, I have some underwater the whole time, these are the right ones to get.

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that if most impellers have ceramic ferrite magnets, then they should be relatively reef safe. I have some mini float switches that I would like to use in some dosing containers (Ca, KH, Mg, Vinegar), but discovered that the float has a magnet ring exposed. Do you think it would be safe? First of all, they are not going to be in salt water. Second, they will not be in constant friction (unlike impellers). Would it be safe?
Any feedback about my question?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back