Chaeto reactor and light recommendations?

Strawberry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Messages
768
Reaction score
1,011
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a few pre-built options through Marine Depot, but the reactors and lights are out of stock with no guarantee they will return. I have seen some close substitutes, but I’m not really sure what would work best for my tank. I’m not really obsessed with adding more water volume, but I run a 29g Biocube. I am mostly interested in an option that comes with the reactor, return pump, and lights included, or a recommendation based off personal experience with similar products. I am not opposed to a small amount of DIY but I don’t want to do a build from scratch. Any advice and pictures is appreciated!
 
Look into Santa Monica´s hog scrubbers, not chaeto reactors but scrubbers...small footprint, the .5 hog could fit in your AIO sump, not noisy,, efficient, cost wise on par or cheaper than a reactor and the algae it produces can be fed back to your tank for the hervibores unlike the chaeto... also if you put the air pump into a ups backup it serves as an oxygenator for power failures
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new