Chalice Advice

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lighting question ,, I have set up a new ,, for the most part will be a Chalice only tank ,, the tank is 48x15x24 water level in the tank with the external overflow box will be at 13 inches ,, my plan is to have 2 Eco Tech XR15 G4 Pros over the tank ,, I may need a third light down the road, we will see how it goes ,, I ordered them yesterday , will be here tomorrow ,, I have a Par Meter ,, I am looking for advice on how to best set up a program for these lights ,, a friend told me that Eco Tech has a LPS coral program ,, I don't know anything about this program right now ,, just found out about the program last night ,, haven't researched it ,, I am thinking ,, use this program ,, break out the Par Meter ,, adjust the light percentages down till I hit a Par number in the 150 to 200 range ,, if I can use this program and hit the Par numbers I want ,, how long should I run the peak times for chalices ie staying in the 150 to 200 Par range ,, feel free to give me any advice you feel I need to know :)

Last edited:

pjdiddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your use of punctuations and your sentence structure just gave me a massive migrane lol. Anyway, just play around with the lights you getting. If it has a preprogrammed lps profile might as well use it.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have Radions, I have Ai primes on my tank. I use the simulated AB+ spectrum with the whites turned down. Which is essentially what their LPS program is. I would just use their LPS and dial in the par from there by adjusting the intensity. I run a long schedule because I'm generally home during the day. I run 3 1/2 hour ramp up, 6 hour peak, then 3 1/2 ramp down. Because of the long schedule my par is only 80-120 and I think it works well. Someone came over with a seneye par meter and measured it for me but I heard they aren't the most accurate so take the numbers with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I did ,, run the LPS program ,, then turned down the white LEDs ,, I think I have them set at 9% ,, still can't put any chalices into the tank till I get the Alk problem solved ,, I could go get some different salt from a friend ,,, I will just wait though ,,

Txplicit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't chase numbers. The range if 150-200 par can equivalate to 3-4 inches in depth. Temporarily place them in tank and observe their reactions.

P.s. I own bother xr15 and xr30 sps and Los. I just place them where they are happiest and healthiest.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back