Chalice help please, big ones...

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these Chalices in my tank that have been good growers. I dont know any names for them and am hoping you chalice experts can help me out. If there are no names I have rather silly ones to give them. Both are good size, if you have an idea on what the value would be let me know that too. I could possibly make some frags in the near future.

Pics under 14k's

The first one is mostly peach colored with bright orange eyes. The rim is teal with shades of blue and purple throughout the rest of the piece. This is a big one, at the longest measurements it would probably touch the edges of a dinner plate. For now I'll call this one "Tequila Sunrise"
jackpot001.jpg

This other chalice is blueish green with bright green eyes and some white lightning stripes, name so far "Spock's Logic"
jackpot003.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are sweet.....Not sure of chalice names myself but I can tell if a coral is sweet and those are sweet...

COReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dunno. You better send them to me so I can get a better look

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on value? I put a ton of money in a basement sump room and need to make up some funds. I was hoping to have names for a FS listing but looks like I get choice so Tequila Sunrise and Spock's Logic (named after all the alien chalice stuff) is what they will be.

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't necessarily need names in order to sell them. If it's a nice chalice, it's a nice chalice no matter what the name. The value will be based on what people will pay for the coral.

In most cases the names make it easier to identify the coral. If someone says "pink with rainbow eyes chalice" it could be a lot of things, but when someone says "pink *******" I know what they are talking about.

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as price I would just want a fair dollar to sell to other guys in the hobby. Spread the love a bit so to speak. I was talking to another reefer here and the main purpose for selling would be to recoupe some funds Ive spent on equipment in the past month (frag tank, light, chiller, reactor, etc). I kind of like the idea of selling whole with the exception of a frag of each for myself. That way somebody that is in love with these can have nice size show pieces for their tank. Id really hate to butcher them up, but at the same time frags would mean many could have them in their tank to grow out. Kind of a catch 22. No decision yet though, just testing the waters and showing these off a bit.

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some HUGE pieces though! I was just reading the post again, and that they are the size of dinner plates! Very nice!

I like #2 the best...

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Spock's Logic is around 4x3" and the Tequila Sunrise is around 25-35 square inches. The biggest measurement might be 6-7", hard to tell right now because its at an angle. I tried to count the eyes but gave up, I would guess 75-100.

Back