Chalk basslet

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 weeks ago I got a trio of chalk basslet. Unfortunately they had an internal parasite I did not have the medication for on hand. I didn’t notice any of the signs until about 3 days ago and I ordered the medication right away. By the time it got here yesterday two of them had passed. I was wondering if I could add 3 or 4 new ones to make a new group. And if I did do this should I leave my current one in qt and introduce them there or move him into the display tank first then get the new ones and introduce them later on?

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't be to hard to add new ones to a group and if you have a big enough qt then I would introduce them in there but if it's a little small then you shouldn't have to many problems adding them later because you plan to add a decent number which will dilute any aggression (although I doubt you would have any unless the existing ones are very mature).

OP
OP
NexisG

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't be to hard to add new ones to a group and if you have a big enough qt then I would introduce them in there but if it's a little small then you shouldn't have to many problems adding them later because you plan to add a decent number which will dilute any aggression (although I doubt you would have any unless the existing ones are very mature).
My qt tank is a 55 so a decent size. The one remaining is between1.5-2 inches which is about 1/4 inch bigger then the ones I plan to get.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My qt tank is a 55 so a decent size. The one remaining is between1.5-2 inches which is about 1/4 inch bigger then the ones I plan to get.

You be unlikely to have any problems with a good sized qt like that. I would advise adding plenty of hiding places though as they do appreciate their own areas away from each other and you will probably find they spread out quite a lot.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back