Changed the bulbs...

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to get the DSLR out this weekend... Now I have some BLUE!

8933_1251486891506_1359532595_730440_1462926_n.jpg

OP
OP
gnoles

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, not seeing some of the brighter blues, but reds, greens and yellows popped out of places that weren't as colorful before. Next stop Actinics T5's - UVL Super Actinics and ATI Blue Plus. At least until they find something like a radium in double ended.

OP
OP
gnoles

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
November.... I'm leaning towards the weekend before Thanksgiving. What I'll cook is kinda up in the air, I haven't figured that out yet. There was a time when I was pretty good at it... but now who knows... Maybe some BBQ chicken... I have three different ways to make it... White sauce, Mustard Sauce, and old fashioned rib sauce, not homemade though. If I can talk Rosa into making the potato salad and get the bacon laced BBQ baked beans done the night before... crap... I think I have a menu.

OP
OP
gnoles

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few quick shots with Rosa's P&S:

IMG_0682.jpg

The frag of Sunset Monti... it was only the size of a fingernail clipping about two months back.

IMG_0684.jpg

What the full size frag has become... it covered half the plug, now it's taking over the rock. The orange from the first shot is more accurate under the new lights.

IMG_0686.jpg

Under the new lights, these have exploded in growth and color. They were pale pink, now they have a bit of character.

Shot the rest, but hands had a shake tonight and one camera hogging sailfin couldn't get out of the way.

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Sailfin tang was a camera hog in my tank to..... The food list for the meeting was missing banana pudding you must just forgot to type it. Color looks good i still bet in person looks even better

OP
OP
gnoles

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orange on the sunset almost glows... the first picture is closer to true under the lights. The pinks are more vibrant than the picture shows. Green is showing up in my Red Planet. Little green polyps are showing up on some of my deeper water SPS. I'm amazed at the difference in colors.... as long as growth remains steady, I'm happy as I can be.

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good. Everything looks happy.

PS: Kathy wants me to give the laser pointer back to you. She said I'm driving the cat crazy. :angel:

Jack

OP
OP
gnoles

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell her it's a business tool... we're all about keeping other people's hands out of the tanks... and if it annoys the cats, well, that's just a bonus. :)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 176 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back