Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Saisori

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Aside from the sump leak, my tank build seems to be blessed/plagued by gremlins who cause a problem, then fix it on their own if I just go away and say **** it.

Did you use any special tools to remove the bulk head? I've had mine running a few months and I've decided to change the pipping system but its seems next to impossible to unscrew.

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use any special tools to remove the bulk head? I've had mine running a few months and I've decided to change the pipping system but its seems next to impossible to unscrew.

All the pieces are glued if I’m not mistaken.. if your gonna change your gonna have to use new bulkheads

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the pieces are glued if I’m not mistaken.. if your gonna change your gonna have to use new bulkheads

The bulkheads themselves are not glued, but the pipes that come stock into them are. I was able to loosen the glue and remove the barb fitting using a hairdryer as a heat gun. Obviously this was before I installed it and when the tank was dry.

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bulkheads themselves are not glued, but the pipes that come stock into them are. I was able to loosen the glue and remove the barb fitting using a hairdryer as a heat gun. Obviously this was before I installed it and when the tank was dry.

Gotcha I tried to remove on my return since I was getting a leak and tried with the hair dryer trick couldn’t get it to budge lol.

Saisori

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figure it out. Was a pain, actually had to remove the bulk head. The bottom piece was two different connectors. The suggestion from Warrse-Cal for the conversion at bulk reef supply did the trick. Thanks!

Barfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size are the holes for the drains and returns? Is it possible to install new standard bulkheads?

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size are the holes for the drains and returns? Is it possible to install new standard bulkheads?

No. It’s not. The issue isn’t the hole size per se, but the closeness of the 3 holes to each other. Standard bulkheads won’t fit. I looked into this when setting up my Waterbox.

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to know, I used the metric adapter which is simply a tapered tube...then had to find other parts...was a pain.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/metric-to-standard-pvc-adapters.html

Found what you used...wish I had seen this in time!

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vertex-conversion-union.html

How'd you make out? Im going through the same thing and researched for a week. I talked with BRS and they repeatedly said all I would need is the adapters and now you guys are saying I will need a vertex something or other. Why Red Sea made it so difficult to work with is beyond me. I feel like I bought an Apple product. Guess my plans will be postponed once again with this build. Kind of wish I knew the headaches beforehand so I wouldn't have bought one. I should of went custom from the go.

Saisori

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How'd you make out? Im going through the same thing and researched for a week. I talked with BRS and they repeatedly said all I would need is the adapters and now you guys are saying I will need a vertex something or other. Why Red Sea made it so difficult to work with is beyond me. I feel like I bought an Apple product. Guess my plans will be postponed once again with this build. Kind of wish I knew the headaches beforehand so I wouldn't have bought one. I should of went custom from the go.

All I got was the converter from brs.

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size holes are actually drilled in the bottom of the tank? Can you just get new bulkheads and redo the plumbing entirely? All us sizes and no metric?

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chance to pick up a 70.2 version without any plumbing /bulk heads .Tank only deal from a guy who bought it and it arrived with some blemishes on one side of the tank . Something I could live with for the price he's asking for it but not something he was willing to live with for the price he paid for the tank obviously . I reached out to water box for replacement bulk heads and or plumbing and not very receptive since I wasn't the original owner of the tank . All I want to do is purchase bulk heads that will fit ????

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chance to pick up a 70.2 version without any plumbing /bulk heads .Tank only deal from a guy who bought it and it arrived with some blemishes on one side of the tank . Something I could live with for the price he's asking for it but not something he was willing to live with for the price he paid for the tank obviously . I reached out to water box for replacement bulk heads and or plumbing and not very receptive since I wasn't the original owner of the tank . All I want to do is purchase bulk heads that will fit ????
I had my original 100.3 arrive in a blemished condition, and I had Waterbox send me a new one. In the meantime, I gave the original one to a friend. Luckily, they sent the same plumbing parts with the net tank, so I was able to give them to him. However, they wouldn’t let him order a sump since he isn’t the original owner.

What a fun company. ;Meh

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my original 100.3 arrive in a blemished condition, and I had Waterbox send me a new one. In the meantime, I gave the original one to a friend. Luckily, they sent the same plumbing parts with the net tank, so I was able to give them to him. However, they wouldn’t let him order a sump since he isn’t the original owner.

What a fun company. ;Meh
ya , unfortunately they only sent him a tank . Shame , their tanks are very nice . But the our tanks ,our plumbing ,our stands, our sumps ...or nothing ....!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back