Changing rodi resin, membrane, filters

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually the only component that needs to be changed often is the DI resin. Carbon blocks + sediment filters + membranes usually last quite a long time (depending on source water)

Frankly though at 2 tds your DI resin is spent (unless you mean pre-di resin) since water coming out of the DI should be reading at 0.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just started the rodi thing and I am changing di about every 300litres of 0 tds water. the di starts to creeps up at about this level of water to 1-2 tds post di...water TDS in 550 and tds out of membrane 13

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it needs it.

DI when TDS not equal to zero. Anion has been about every 3 month
Carbon 1 every 2000 gallons
Carbon 2 every 8000 gallons
Sediment when pressure drops
Membrane when rejection is less then 97%

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Im not saying its pointless to ask everyone how often they are changing their media etc. I think the question you may want to ask is. When is the best time to change certain filters in your RO/DI. The reason I say this is because everyones water is not going to be the same as yours. The city water where I live is terrible and over 200TDS incoming and really hard. Some people may be allot worse or better and or have other prominent elements in it other than mine. Or they may have well water etc.

It sounds like you are reffering to the deionization resine. I have a 6 stage station and I have mine directly hooked to my aquarium for ATO. So my RO/DI kicks on/off allot more than most. it has 2 deionization resine chambers. I think I change out every 3 to 4 months.

Hope this helps.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are people changing rodi?
My rodi is nearly 2 years old still 2 tds out.
I read one guy changing resin every 2 months? Seems excessive

2tds from where? If after the resin that is excessively high, if after the membrane then that is good but it still doesnt say if the carbon is still doing its job, each component needs changing when it’s exhausted, the overall tds is not necessarily a good indicator.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankfully for those with a high incoming TDS and therefore higher TDS post membrane, DI resin is simple to regenerate. Mine is only 1 to 2 TDS post membrane and I still regenerate DI when spent. I consider mine spent when it is above zero because the post membrane (pre DI) TDS is so low.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back