Changing RODI Units

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so I went cheap for my rodi unit (Buddy 4 stage) and thought it would be such a great investment because it’s so cheap but I’ve had to change my DI resin like twice in the past month so I’m just going to get a unit that makes more water and is more quality. What units do you guys recommend? I really like the BRS ones but I’m not sure. Also it has to come with a faucet adapter cause I have no idea how to hook it up under my sink. Price can be anywhere from $100-170ish I just want one that’ll last me a while.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so I went cheap for my rodi unit (Buddy 4 stage) and thought it would be such a great investment because it’s so cheap but I’ve had to change my DI resin like twice in the past month so I’m just going to get a unit that makes more water and is more quality. What units do you guys recommend? I really like the BRS ones but I’m not sure. Also it has to come with a faucet adapter cause I have no idea how to hook it up under my sink. Price can be anywhere from $100-170ish I just want one that’ll last me a while.

How much water pressure (PSI) do you have coming out of your faucet?

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always add on to your current unit. I dont think just buying another unit will fix your resin rate. Do some more research on RoDi units befor you buy something else you dislike later. You can also buy just the faucet adapter, so dont let that effect your purchase decision.

I'm happy with my SpectraPure. I keep adding onto it as I go.

There easy to work on and most hardware store carry connections and shutoffs. You dont need much for tools and there a ton of info online.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always add on to your current unit. I dont think just buying another unit will fix your resin rate. Do some more research on RoDi units befor you buy something else you dislike later. You can also buy just the faucet adapter, so dont let that effect your purchase decision.

I'm happy with my SpectraPure. I keep adding onto it as I go.

There easy to work on and most hardware store carry connections and shutoffs. You dont need much for tools and there a ton of info online.
Yeah but the problem with mine is it produces water SO slow and to replace the DI resin you have to buy a whole new casing too because you can’t open up the current one. So I just want one I can refill with resin and produces more water.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have crazy high water pressure anywhere from 0-100

Get an 4 stage with a built in TDS meter.

FWIW
The Spectura Pure RO membrane and their DI resin have grown on me over the years.

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do make cartridges that you can refill by yourself if you deside to keep the current unit.

How many gallons per day you looking for?

Mine is 180 but in the winter time I'm lucky to get 75 per day.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure 5 stage here.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do make cartridges that you can refill by yourself if you deside to keep the current unit.

How many gallons per day you looking for?

Mine is 180 but in the winter time I'm lucky to get 75 per day.
Do you mean like a whole new canister to put the resin in? Because the current resin I have to replace the canister. I’m looking for 70-100 a day I have a pretty small tank but I want to be able to produce water faster.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure 5 stage here.

Running the Vertex Deluxe 100gpd, but love SpectraPure RO membrane and DI resin.

Feel like the Sprectra RO membrane is better than the Dow.

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk reef supply sells them too. I believe most filters can be used on most units if you get the right size.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add on a DI stage with just the canister. Just put the lone you normally use for product water, and plumb it into the extra canister. Then run a new line out of that canister. Just leave the old RO buddie DI canister inline.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have crazy high water pressure anywhere from 0-100
That range is almost every possible residential situation anywhere. Do you have a pressure guage so you can you be more specific?

How many gallons of water do you make per month? Are there chloramines in your tap water?

Something better than the RO buddie would definitely be great, but something is going on if you're burning out 2 DI cartridges a month, and you'll need to make a big part of your decision based on information, not just product recommendations.

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you determine when to replace your resin? I didn't see any tds metors or filter windows on the Ro Budy.

Back