Charting broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charting appears to be very broken on the dashboard. Web and iOS.

Clicking any series label breaks the graph, removing most series and/or showing points as various symbols with no trend line.
Switching view from days to weeks, month, etc. breaks graph as well. Zoom also breaks graph.

Being honest - new dashboard is as slow or slower since update. Dosing pumps still take forever and panes sometimes show "nothing to load" or something to that effect while waiting on data from the cloud.

I hate to be the constant stick in the mud, but the dashboard continues to be a pain point.

second_decimal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to have to jump on this bandwagon. First, let me say that their customer service has come a long way. My tickets were promptly responded to and most issues solved pretty quickly even on a weekend.

That said, the app really does kind of suck. I have an older profilux 3.1 and was told it could be one of the possible reasons why the app gets stuck. However, yhe browser gets stuck too when I log on to myghl directly. idk, I understand lag and so on but constantly timing out is terrible. When I open GHL connect and connect over lan, make changes, I have to close and reboot the app after every change because it just sticks on saving the new setting. After I reboot, the setting changes are there so it’s saving it, just not going to back into the iOS app. Not sure if that is what the OP is experiencing but sounds pretty close.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to have to jump on this bandwagon. First, let me say that their customer service has come a long way. My tickets were promptly responded to and most issues solved pretty quickly even on a weekend.

That said, the app really does kind of suck. I have an older profilux 3.1 and was told it could be one of the possible reasons why the app gets stuck. However, yhe browser gets stuck too when I log on to myghl directly. idk, I understand lag and so on but constantly timing out is terrible. When I open GHL connect and connect over lan, make changes, I have to close and reboot the app after every change because it just sticks on saving the new setting. After I reboot, the setting changes are there so it’s saving it, just not going to back into the iOS app. Not sure if that is what the OP is experiencing but sounds pretty close.
Happens to me too. I don’t know if it’s on every save, but it happens a lot.

second_decimal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update, GHL customer service is golden. What change from the previous years. I was able to resolve this issue by replacing an internal, soldered battery on the main board inside the unit. These units are pretty old and once I installed the new battery, everything, I mean everything, is faster. I stay logged on, I don’t have to constantly restart, the charts pull up instantly and everything works pretty well. Myghl pulls up pretty quick too.

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update, GHL customer service is golden. What change from the previous years. I was able to resolve this issue by replacing an internal, soldered battery on the main board inside the unit. These units are pretty old and once I installed the new battery, everything, I mean everything, is faster. I stay logged on, I don’t have to constantly restart, the charts pull up instantly and everything works pretty well. Myghl pulls up pretty quick too.
I would question why a battery would be soldered and can’t fathom what that has to do with performance, a clock is a clock, right or wrong.

second_decimal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh… (checks electronics handbook) soldered batteries are used in “system critical” areas to prevent accidental movement. (Checks again) the battery maintains the clock which is the most rudemtary component of any computing system as it guides the functions of the bios and so on. That would be my guess.

second_decimal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battery is also a specialty battery with specific properties to suit the application. It certainly fixed my situation. Don’t know what else to say ‍♂️

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh… (checks electronics handbook) soldered batteries are used in “system critical” areas to prevent accidental movement. (Checks again) the battery maintains the clock which is the most rudemtary component of any computing system as it guides the functions of the bios and so on. That would be my guess.
I design and build both discrete electronics circuits and microcontroller based circuits and have owned an IT company for over 20 years…. Pretty well versed on batteries and supercapacitors.

I would question why a system battery would be soldered in place… a supercapacitor yes, a battery no, other than to ave less than a 1$ in components.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back