Chasing Coral

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always skeptical when I watch documentaries, I think sometimes there's a blending of documentary and op-ed. I just got done with this one and it had that feel to it. That being said, it was well done definitely told the story of what has occurred. I also do my part and try to be "green" as an example my power company is only wind and solar. If roof based solar panels for the home made more financial sense I would do that.

Being a critical thinker I am, I have some issues with the show. I'll be interested to see if other members here pick up on the same things I did. or perhaps I'm a little biased because I like to pick these things apart. ;)

Anyway, watch it, well worth it. Then after that, do something, doesn't have to be big, just something small. If we all do a little bit, that ends up being a LOT. :)

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt like the way a few things were presented. But seeing the natural environments was cool. And you cant argue with an ocean temp of 95°! Unfortunately i know from experience, >90° means death is on its way. :( too bad we cant just keep moving them to cooler waters. On the upside i may soon see tropical corals in hampton nh. ;)
Seriously though i truly hope we are able to stop it.

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least I now know the secret of hot looking coral, it's just hot water!

Remember at the end, the guy said don't get depressed, get motivated to do something about it.
Very true, we
I didnt like the way a few things were presented. But seeing the natural environments was cool. And you cant argue with an ocean temp of 95°! Unfortunately i know from experience, >90° means death is on its way. :( too bad we cant just keep moving them to cooler waters. On the upside i may soon see tropical corals in hampton nh. ;)
Seriously though i truly hope we are able to stop it.
We need giant floating chillers, lol. Hopefully we each can do something small and it will have a huge impact.

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sad thing about the overheating and coral bleaching is that there isn't really anything we can do to stop it. I fear that the damage that was done in the past in uncorrectable. Nothing we can do will repair the damage that is done to the ozone and therefore nothing we can do to stop the global warming. I do agree that we can try to take better care of of our planet but we do need to be realistic and understand that the damage is already done. All we can do is try to do our best with what we have been dealt and hope that we leave this rock in good shape for our children. I sit in front if my tanks everyday with my 10 y/o son (&now my newborn) and talk about the fish and coral. About how beautiful the ocean is and how much if it is still undiscovered.. I know that I can't save the world or our coral situation but if I can educate my kids on the right way to do it then I can die with a clear conscience knowing I did the best I could.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sad thing about the overheating and coral bleaching is that there isn't really anything we can do to stop it. I fear that the damage that was done in the past in uncorrectable. Nothing we can do will repair the damage that is done to the ozone and therefore nothing we can do to stop the global warming. I do agree that we can try to take better care of of our planet but we do need to be realistic and understand that the damage is already done. All we can do is try to do our best with what we have been dealt and hope that we leave this rock in good shape for our children. I sit in front if my tanks everyday with my 10 y/o son (&now my newborn) and talk about the fish and coral. About how beautiful the ocean is and how much if it is still undiscovered.. I know that I can't save the world or our coral situation but if I can educate my kids on the right way to do it then I can die with a clear conscience knowing I did the best I could.

This is true, we know this is going to be bad. We just need to try and do something to prevent it from becoming really bad.

Back