Check out the coral I am getting.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2006
Messages
2,559
Reaction score
401
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be the showcase of my reef once I get it set up. I actually am getting three symphillia wilsoni's from www.midwestsaltwater.com . This is by far the nicest one. Bill has been nice enough to hold these corals for me until my tank is set up. I got a sweet deal since I purchased all three he had. They are still on his site but should be removed shortly. I also got a bunch of frags from him. He actually set up a small corner of his coral farm for any corals I want to purchase and hold onto until my tank is set up. He calls it Gooch's Corals. Man that brings back memories. He's got some killer stuff right now and pretty well priced. The aussie trach's are killer. I picked up a couple of those too.

http://www.midwestsaltwater.com/cat...d=196&osCsid=0ac54e3c5cdbb868246f35e67d414970

gooch
 
I got the good buddy discount. I did buy all three he had. It was still very very expensive. They do look awesome in person.
 
That's a sweet pickup bro!
 
gooch, I can attest that I certainly appreciate you doing your part to prod the economy. :) Man, do we need it. Good luck with the pieces. They're pretty tough guys what I can tell. The 2 reds I have prefer very indirect light, but that's just my brief anecdotal experience.
 
These are nice, but don't these require water temps at about 68 degrees. They are from South Australia where the water temperature is much lower than our reef tanks. It will be interesting to see if people can keep them long term. Good luck with them.
 
on a side note......if you are going to run a 68 degree tank....

GET A CATALINA GOBY!!!!!!!!!!!!! or 20 of them haha i love these guys to bad they are colder water fish
 
James can chime in as he communicates with the collector but I think the temperature issue is not the concern some may think. It would seem to reason that they would bail out pretty quick in warmer water as opposed to adjusting so well to our temps. Just my opinion of course. :)
 
I keep my tanks at 78. It will be months before I am ready for these. I do everything slow. I havn't even started firing the rock wall I made.

Bluegrass has some really awesome stuff. I totally agree there. Right now my budget is now exhausted. Plus three of these in a 65 gallon tank is more than enough. He should have no problem selling them. They are sweet corals. Just have to find the right customer. Just so people know they can be propagated. I fragged one of the colonies and gave a piece to one of my other buddies. Under the condition he can never ever sells it of course.

The trachs are awesome. I do have some of those as well. Not as nice as the ones blue grass has. But still nice.
 
shippings too much from there 47.50!!! and thats only up to 5 corals after that its 57.50!! that's ridiculous
 
It is hard for a vendor to have a set shipping cost that is fair to everyone. Most people don't like to wait on a shipping quote at check out, so most vendors try to get a medium. Shipping has gotten pretty outrageous - especially for an overnight box. Have you price checked fed-ex overnight lately (that's how bluegrass ships)? I just did and it would be very hard to cover your butt as a vendor. for me to ship to GA from TN it would run around $27 but on the flip side to ship to CA from TN would run me around $70 from Tn to MI would run $49. So he is in the middle - Let's not forget the cost of bags, boxes and other shipping supplies. The increase in fuel cost has hit everyone. Just something to think about before you claim a vendor's cost is ridiculous

Hey gooch how has the coral healed after fragging??
 
idk just at most online stores its right around $30 $39 at most but $60... come on I would totally buy there but I just can't justify that much just for shipping
 
I just wanted to you to stop and think about what shipping actually costs. As for other sites I am sure there is a broad spectrum of shipping charges - Some sites do not ship overnight - and some stores may just charge a flat $25 for shipping and then add an amount to the cost of their corals to overcome the loss they take in shipping. I know when I purchase from ReefDoctor he charges a flat $50 for shipping. And I never worry about how the corals are shippied or their health. Also where do you live? You might try contacting him if you live close. You might be able to work out actual shipping cost if you are serious about purchasing something. I can speak for Casey first hand as I have received several shipments from him. His corals are always VERY healthy and the variety of Aussie LPS he gets can hardly be touched by anyone else. So cost is relative to what you want. He is a stand up guy and I am sure he will work with you so you can get the corals you want. Just drop him a pm or email.

Good luck
 
They healed real nice from the fragging. One of the colonies fell into an acro colony and got some severe damage to it. But a couple weeks later it has healed up and looks awesome again. Definately a hardy coral.
 
idk just at most online stores its right around $30 $39 at most but $60... come on I would totally buy there but I just can't justify that much just for shipping


i agree with nate on this one 60 bucks, sorry that wont get me to buy esp when all out sponsors are about 1/3 that price shipping if not free
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new