Check out this carpet anemone!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JustinW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JustinW

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2016
Messages
37
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this guy for a few weeks now and is all settled in. I haven't found one that looks like yet? Has anyone else??

IMG_3651.JPG


IMG_3652.JPG
 
Looks like a Maxi-Mini Carpet. Which are fairly common. ASD sells some pretty nice ones from time to time.
 
Do they stay mostly circular?
 
Generally they tend to have that shape and they usually will stay attached to a rock given ideal circumstances for the nem
 
Careful with powerheads, I chopped one up in my tank cause it wanted to dive into the blender
 
They are Stichodactyla, but they get no larger, relatively hardy.
 
Looks kinda like the dude at my store
(Which is finally starting to be less stressed, after nearly 3 weeks post-ship; this photo was only one week after arrival).
20170107_174220.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new