Chemi-pure elite question

Parsely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 2.5 months into my first tank, a Fluval evo 13.5g and have noticed the water has gotten a slight yellow tint to it. I’m guessing that means that I need to replace the carbon bag that came with the tank.

I was looking where to go and buy the carbon and came across this chemi-pure elite product. That seems to be carbon + purigen? The store with chemi-pure is about an hour drive for me Vs a store with carbon and purigen is about 10minutes, is this effectively the same thing?

I’m very new to this so I’m kind of lost at what I should be putting in and why so any guidance would be really helpful

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemi Pure ELITE has GFO so is designed to reduce phosphates -- don't use that unless phosphate reduction is your goal.
Chemi Pure BLUE is more like regular carbon (GAC) -- I think it's mostly carbon with some other "stuff" so probably more like what you're looking for if just general water clarity is the goal.

OP
OP
P

Parsely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good to know, my phosphates are fine so that would have been a mistake on my part then.

is chemipure blue worth the extra drive or should I just stick with carbon?

OP
OP
P

Parsely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it something I should actively be using though, or only if I notice my phosphates getting too high?

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ChemiPure Blue in my 25
Lagoon and swap it out roughly every two months when I see phosphate rise. In my 40 I use a product called ClearFX Pro which is a similar product but larger bag.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m 2.5 months into my first tank, a Fluval evo 13.5g and have noticed the water has gotten a slight yellow tint to it. I’m guessing that means that I need to replace the carbon bag that came with the tank.

I was looking where to go and buy the carbon and came across this chemi-pure elite product. That seems to be carbon + purigen? The store with chemi-pure is about an hour drive for me Vs a store with carbon and purigen is about 10minutes, is this effectively the same thing?

I’m very new to this so I’m kind of lost at what I should be putting in and why so any guidance would be really helpful
Ive sold at my store and been using their product well over a couple of decades. Chemipure Blue will be less aggressive and more practical and Take care of the tea color effect, keep phosphate in check and alleviate any toxins if present

OP
OP
P

Parsely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive sold at my store and been using their product well over a couple of decades. Chemipure Blue will be less aggressive and more practical and Take care of the tea color effect, keep phosphate in check and alleviate any toxins if present
Good to know, thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back