chevron tang bacterial infection?

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from work today and saw my chevron tang had some Mark's on the side of it. My dogface puffer also seems to have a little cloudy spot on his fin. I think it my be a bacterial infection. I have a 155 gallon with a 40 gallon sump not shoe what I should do.
20191121_180020.jpg
20191121_180022.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them? Did you add anything recently to the tank? What are your water perimeters? Did you QT them?

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them? Did you add anything recently to the tank? What are your water perimeters? Did you QT them?

He has been in there for over a year nothing has been added to the tank for 4 months. Everything is qt before put in the DT

Dkh 9.5
Phosphate .09ppm
Ph 8.4
Nitrate 12ppm

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any nems or stinging corals? What about ammonia and salinity reading? was there a recent jump in temperature? And you 100% certain you have added anything wet to the aquarium in the last 60 days?

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any nems or stinging corals? What about ammonia and salinity reading? was there a recent jump in temperature? And you 100% certain you have added anything wet to the aquarium in the last 60 days?

It's a fish only system with a few inverts.. I do have a refugium as well. Nope nothing added to the tank I did have a fire fish die about a month ago but thought nothing of it. What should I do as far as treatment?

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a fish only system with a few inverts.. I do have a refugium as well. Nope nothing added to the tank I did have a fire fish die about a month ago but thought nothing of it. What should I do as far as treatment?

Salinity is 2.035
I started running gfo and carbon a few months ago mixed together in a brs reactor

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't sure if you answered my question about having nems or stinging coral?

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure at work still.. in your opinion does it look like an infection or a wound from a rock or a tang fight? If bacterial can antibiotics be used to treat the whole aquarium?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back