Chevron Tang

Mockery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me some advice as to these fish. I've found one that is about 1.5in at an amazing price, always been a cool fish and now it's in my price range.

Just want to hear people's experiences about hardiness, temperament, and if I should QT or not since it's coming from a LFS.

Thanks,
Mockery

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good tang. Great for cleaning glass. Most can be pushed around by other tangs, but in my case, mine was the bully. Good with other fish and inverts. I would QT most fish if possible. Give it plenty of greens and vitamins. It will lose it's color as it grows older to a dark green/brown, almost black with lines throughout the body.

OP
OP
M

Mockery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i just worry about the QT i tried it for a flame angel in may and the angel did not make it through. I just don't feel its as stable as my main tank system is and that will hurt the fish.

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an adult Chevron tang, picture is by Fenner @ WWM. Many people buy them as Juvis and are disappointed by the adults. If you have fish in your tank now, that have not been quarantined, there really is no point (parasite-wise) in QT'ing the fish.

ctenochaetus20hawaiiens.jpg

Ctenochaetus%20hawaiiensisHIAd22LG.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%

Back