China pearl wrasse problems

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed lots on both sides of the tank to try and keep the bullies full and occupied. A mirror may help.

I usually use a large acclimation box with new wrasses with sand in it and a hiding spot. This lets the new guys calm down and get bored of the fish before it goes in the tank. Just a tip for next time.

I have a China wrasse and they are delicate shippers but honestly very easy for Anampses. Probably about on par with a leopard wrasse. I put them through quarantine no problem too. They end up way if anything and everything including pellets. I don’t feed a lot of dry though but it’s good for vacations.

OP
OP
J

jmanzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh, sorry for the confusion :))

Also 3-4 inches is perfect for wrasses. As for decemating pod populations, the mandarin will do most of the work, as long as your population is high and kept in check you should be alright.
Ok I’ll buy some just to keep them in abundance

OP
OP
J

jmanzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed lots on both sides of the tank to try and keep the bullies full and occupied. A mirror may help.

I usually use a large acclimation box with new wrasses with sand in it and a hiding spot. This lets the new guys calm down and get bored of the fish before it goes in the tank. Just a tip for next time.

I have a China wrasse and they are delicate shippers but honestly very easy for Anampses. Probably about on par with a leopard wrasse. I put them through quarantine no problem too. They end up way if anything and everything including pellets. I don’t feed a lot of dry though but it’s good for vacations.
Will angel mix work? Don’t have mystis atm Ty for the help

OP
OP
J

jmanzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try whatever you have on hand. They can go awhile without eating if they are not skinny/pinched head. The fish needs to destress a bit it sounds like.
If you look at the follow up pic of it today it is well fed even though it hasn’t eaten food it picks well but I’ll feed them that if it works just wondering because it didn’t eat fish eggs

OP
OP
J

jmanzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try whatever you have on hand. They can go awhile without eating if they are not skinny/pinched head. The fish needs to destress a bit it sounds like.
Update for you all, the wrasse is away and I’m now home, but my carpenters flasher wrasse is laying down on my acclimation box and breathing heavily, tomani tang is breathing heavily but still swimming, looks like the new chocolate tang took his spot in his rock so I celared in for him but as I am writing this he is starting to lay on his side. He had what looked like bruises this morning but the wrasse was fine, nothing on the skin just heavy breathing hung by the tang noticed it this morning but he ate and was good but didn’t eat at all today but the flasher was good when I left, suspecting the damsels and the chocolate tang as culprits for the wrasse and all the tangs for the tomani. The only thing I’ve been doing differently this week was adding two caps of nitrate increaser for my corals as I had no nitrates, added a vitamin fish protector one day, and have dosed my tanks worth of Melafix for two days. What can I do for them?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you dose Melafix? Do you suspect disease?

It sounds like you added several new fish recently?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
add air stone asap ! surface agitation .
the experts will help you through this.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds to me like the first signs of an ammonia spike on the rise. +1 to the above, get an air stone ASAP and measure Nitrate, Nitrite and Ammonia. The ammonia cycle is a dangerous thing to have rise.

MeanGreenStompa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PE Mysis, for me, is a miracle food, it's the mainstay of my copperband's diet, both my leopard wrasse took to it immediately, the pencil and the china wrasses also. I'm not sure what's in the oils and so on that the PE is coated in, but any difficult fish I've had has immediately warmed to the PE above and beyond any other frozen food or types of frozen mysis of other brands. I drive 1.5 hours each way to buy a stack of the big frozen sheets of it for the freezer.

OP
OP
J

jmanzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PE Mysis, for me, is a miracle food, it's the mainstay of my copperband's diet, both my leopard wrasse took to it immediately, the pencil and the china wrasses also. I'm not sure what's in the oils and so on that the PE is coated in, but any difficult fish I've had has immediately warmed to the PE above and beyond any other frozen food or types of frozen mysis of other brands. I drive 1.5 hours each way to buy a stack of the big frozen sheets of it for the freezer.
Def will try! Thank you

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back