Chloramine removal

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My city is switching to a water source treated with Chloramines. Does anyone have a recommendation for an addon to my rodi to assist in its removal?
Thanks!

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My city is switching to a water source treated with Chloramines. Does anyone have a recommendation for an addon to my rodi to assist in its removal?
Thanks!
Basically runs down your carbon faster. I’m not sure what canisters you’re using but the BRS Carbon blocks removes the chloramines from my town water.

Aquaboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed . A good catalytic carbon is what your in need of!! You can check out our Aquafx Chloramine blaster addon.. Make sure to run 2 in series!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of good 1 or .5 micron carbon blocks should do the trick. I've had mine setup that way for many years. Our supplier uses chloramines and hits it with a huge dose of chlorine around March each year to in their words "clean the pipes". If you are still worried, put a few drops of Prime in the product water.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um... what do you think chloramine is? (Hint - it's chlorine plus ammonia)
Yes, but in that form it isn't nearly as deadly on the membrane. As Randy said in the thread a few days back, he showed small amounts in his product water and didn't hurt his membrane.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but in that form it isn't nearly as deadly on the membrane. As Randy said in the thread a few days back, he showed small amounts in his product water and didn't hurt his membrane.
Membrane tolerance to chloramine is something like 300,000 ppm*hrs. Tolerance to free chlorine is a small fraction of that. One thing to remember is that where there is chloramine, there is some amount of free chlorine.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back