Chromis and Sharks?

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any possibility of maintaining Chromis alongside Coral Catsharks and a Grey Bamboo shark? I'm not really worried about the Grey, but the Coral Catsharks are wicked hunters. I was thinking about getting like 50 Chromis, would the sharks possibly not attempt an assault on a school that size?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any possibility of maintaining Chromis alongside Coral Catsharks and a Grey Bamboo shark? I'm not really worried about the Grey, but the Coral Catsharks are wicked hunters. I was thinking about getting like 50 Chromis, would the sharks possibly not attempt an assault on a school that size?
Ive got no idea I dont have sharks, but following because this is interesting and I hope to keep sharks some day!

OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cat with your pet birds, then. My point still stands, you'll basically just be feeding your sharks some expensive baitfish.
Idk if it would work like that since it would be a school of 50. They band together and it's different from just 1 or a couple in there. Anyways I don't see the point of speculation I'm really trying to see anyone with personal experiences in a similar situation. Thanks

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is doing a series on a tank along these lines - large chromis school, huge coral structure to hide in, and a predator.

Last edited:

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if it would work like that since it would be a school of 50. They band together and it's different from just 1 or a couple in there. Anyways I don't see the point of speculation I'm really trying to see anyone with personal experiences in a similar situation. Thanks

Not sure why you're not listening to me. The chromis will get eaten one by one. It's that simple. You can't put a 3" baitfish in the same tank as multiple 32" predators and expect them to get along. It doesn't work that way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back