Cincy's Downgrade Build Tread!! 50g

CincyReefer

Happy as a Clam
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyo!

Well, here is the story! So probably 3 weeks ago, I had a flood with my 55g (75g total volume system) and roughly 10 +/- gallons went on the floor. Timing was perfect because it happened right after I had just recovered from my first ever flood! Darn snails clogged my pipes.. so anyways, my mom was there to witness the "horrors" as I got the mess taken care of. She then later told me that the only way to keep my reef tank set up while I was at college would be that there would be no way that it could flood under her watch. This sparked my new build. This is going to be a slow build, as I have all summer to make the move. So the tank I got was a custom built 50 gallon aquarium. Made of acrylic, it stands 48" long x 18" wide. Pretty sick if you ask me. Thanks GARY! :cool:

I plan on incorporating an "3 island" effect, with two big build ups on the side, with a teaser rock/my clams in the center. Here is what I have so far,

THE TANK

-50 gallons, 48x18
-2x 250w 14k AquaMedic Pendants
-80+ pounds of Fiji Live rock
-Lots o' sand
-Corals, fish, cleanup crew, etc.
!! ALL IN CURRENT 55g !!

Now my tank is currently run by a mag12 alone, so lots of flow, to combat such an issue, got greedy and pick up some goodies!
-1x RedSea WaverMaker Pro
-2x Koralia 3's
-2x Koralia 1's

The last thing I really need to get are my filter chambers from somewhere, probably BFS to run carbon and phosban. A question I have though is that I picked up some new pieces of live rock because the tank is shallower so what should I do to preserve those pieces because they wont currently fit in my 55g. Should I "cure" them? If so, how should I go about doing it?

Pics to Come!
~JB

OP
OP
CincyReefer

CincyReefer

Happy as a Clam
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd..

Attachments

• P5160396.jpg
    P5160396.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 117
  • P5160400.jpg
    P5160400.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 127
  • P5160401.jpg
    P5160401.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 116

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back