Circulation pump placement

ErikLZG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I'm getting ready to fill my tank with water, but I need some help on the placement of 2 circulation pumps.
My tank is a 75 gal. bow front. I plan to have softies, LPS, and basic fish stock (clown, tangs, gobies, crabs, and shrimps). Any info will be appreciated.
Thank you

20180401_210022.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to be moving them as needed, so no good answer for placement. In general terms, you want them to bounce off the tank walls for turbulent/less direct flow on corals. If you are keeping lps, you will want less flow, so aim towards the top for air exchange. This will increase your evaporation too. Looks good so far. Take it slow and it will be amazing!

OP
OP
ErikLZG

ErikLZG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to be moving them as needed, so no good answer for placement. In general terms, you want them to bounce off the tank walls for turbulent/less direct flow on corals. If you are keeping lps, you will want less flow, so aim towards the top for air exchange. This will increase your evaporation too. Looks good so far. Take it slow and it will be amazing!
Thx for reply
I'm thinking of putting 1 at the opposite from the overflow, and 1 in the middle of the tank in the back glass and go fro there.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back