Clarisea issues

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 5000 after 6 weeks with an XL fleece roll. D&D Aquatics sent me a slip over spacer that goes on one of the long nylon studs that hold the housing together. After installing it the fleece rolls now wind straight and even with no kinks and the roll last much longer now. Contact D&D and they will send you the spacer with instructions, that is what you need for the new XL fleece rolls if your having issues. They sent it to me free of charge and excellent customer service!

20200326_193713.jpg
Do you have a photo of the part?

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a spacer identical to the 2 on the bottom that the fleece rolls over.
For clarity, are you placing them additionally elsewhere (other than the bottom two long nylon screws they normally go over) or are you saying that original part is either missing or not freely rotating and replacing it?

Ricky_Reef

Diamond Goby Lover/Hater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For clarity, are you placing them additionally elsewhere (other than the bottom two long nylon screws they normally go over) or are you saying that original part is either missing or not freely rotating and replacing it?
It's an additional spacer that D&D will send you that slips over the very top nylon screw on the dirty roller side. It will keep the housing from binding and flexing which in turn stops the new XL rolls from putting strain on anything because they wind evenly.

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an additional spacer that D&D will send you that slips over the very top nylon screw on the dirty roller side. It will keep the housing from binding and flexing which in turn stops the new XL rolls from putting strain on anything because they wind evenly.

I have this part in mine.

Ricky_Reef

Diamond Goby Lover/Hater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Talhamalik9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood! I was wondering what the extra tube was for in the pack! They mentioned nothing in the instruction pamphlet or the YouTube video!

Ricky_Reef

Diamond Goby Lover/Hater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood! I was wondering what the extra tube was for in the pack! They mentioned nothing in the instruction pamphlet or the YouTube video!
Yeah I think they just add the extra tube on later produced models now, the extra spacer cured my issue.

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spacer fixes the folding of the dirty side but none of the other issues. The unit still needs some work.

Ricky_Reef

Diamond Goby Lover/Hater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spacer fixes the folding of the dirty side but none of the other issues. The unit still needs some work.
Contact D&D Aquatics, there customer service has been great! Mines been running non stop ever since these things were released with the XL Fleece kinking being my only issue. Mine runs like a champ!

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact D&D Aquatics, there customer service has been great! Mines been running non stop ever since these things were released with the XL Fleece kinking being my only issue. Mine runs like a champ!

I had been working with them alot. I stopped because nothing worked.
The dirty side is pulled tight and the screw keeps bending and/or breaking so I just replace with the roll change out.

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed this... my long roll has been working very well in general but over the past month slower considerably. To the point where my error alert was going off from the roll not advancing.

Long short, 2 years without removing the bottom slotted tube for a cleaning was way too long. It was choked with inverts, baby snails, etc.

Acid bath took care of the problem and is working well again.

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any issues with the wiring to the motor? My sk3000 wire came loose and as I was taking the motor off the filter to
inspect it further it broke off. Hopefully this is covered by warranty. Only has the filter for a few weeks now.

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any issues with the wiring to the motor? My sk3000 wire came loose and as I was taking the motor off the filter to
inspect it further it broke off. Hopefully this is covered by warranty. Only has the filter for a few weeks now.
No but you do need to be careful not to pinch it in the plastic parts. I'm sure it is.

pxpx182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happen to me. Did you end up getting a replacement?

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happen to me. Did you end up getting a replacement?
Contacted the company directly. All they did was give me instructions on how to fix it. Pretty annoying and terrible customer service. But also reached out to marine depot and they replaced it for me.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back