Classified new thread indicator

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bar at the top the 'Classified' has a numerical figure after it (I assume it's the number of new adverts) that number just keeps increasing until I go into your classified and physically mark the forum as read.

As a UK member the classified are of no interest to me and it is part of the site I never visit. The increasing number whilst not an issue, it is annoying especially when it gets over a 100. I cannot see any way of turning it off, is there a way for individual to switch the indicator off.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bar at the top the 'Classified' has a numerical figure after it (I assume it's the number of new adverts) that number just keeps increasing until I go into your classified and physically mark the forum as read.

As a UK member the classified are of no interest to me and it is part of the site I never visit. The increasing number whilst not an issue, it is annoying especially when it gets over a 100. I cannot see any way of turning it off, is there a way for individual to switch the indicator off.

Im not sure what you mean by adverts as i get nothing like this.If you mean the bell icon at top then this is just to let you know if someone liked or a ha ha or wow on your pist or if they quoted something you said and if replied back to you,so a way to keep you in the convetsation,especially if like me and like to get involved as much as i can so i can keep learning the good the bad and the ugly of this beautiful hobby we in.
If you not on about this i dont know what you mean but will bump this for you.
Also the either white circle or black circle = read or unread so if wake up or go offline and come back and got 20 notifications you can mark tjem as unread and mark off once read each one individually then no way to not miss chance ( or less chance) to reply back to someone or say thanks etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-114225_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-114225_Chrome.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210901-114342_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-114342_Chrome.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210901-114355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-114355_Chrome.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 32

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same (Canada). I don’t know what the difference is between the Classified section and the buy/sell forums, or if this is some sort of new/beta feature.

OP
OP
Haydn

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I should have added a screen shot- Its the 'Classified ' tab at the top. It has a red 11 at the moment but it increases I assume as threads are added.

Attachments

• 2021-09-01.png
    2021-09-01.png
    471.5 KB · Views: 37

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I don't wish to see it either, would like a way to disable this function. Thanks

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will add a way to disable it!

Also we’re hoping that members from the UK and other parts of the world will also use the classifieds.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Haydn

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Rev appreciated.

Perhaps in the fullness of time you will attract enough interest to have a UK/etc. section in the classified but at the moment it's a bit far to travel to collect a couple of zoa plugs ;) I don't know about trading with the US but I would imagine an individual trying to buy or sell livestock overseas would be caught up with all sorts of bureaucracy.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thank you Rev appreciated.

Perhaps in the fullness of time you will attract enough interest to have a UK/etc. section in the classified but at the moment it's a bit far to travel to collect a couple of zoa plugs ;) I don't know about trading with the US but I would imagine an individual trying to buy or sell livestock overseas would be caught up with all sorts of bureaucracy.
side questions, what fish is shown in your avatar?

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will add a way to disable it!

Also we’re hoping that members from the UK and other parts of the world will also use the classifieds.

Thanks.

That's a nice thought but obviously the classifieds and marketplace are 99% american so there isn't much point in reading or posting to either. I agree though, I would like to see some Canadians post livestock ads, but I haven't seen a single one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back