Cleaning FOWLR tank

YoCamron

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2016
Messages
222
Reaction score
54
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, hope everyone is well.

I recently returned home from college due to health issues, and I returned to my 2 tanks being covered by hair algae and spaghetti worms. I have easily fixed my 29 gallon biocube by adding a sump with macro algae and chemipure, with a huge cleanup crew added to the tank. My 5 gallon nano tank has been less successful with the cleanup crew I added. Unfortunately my marine bio and oceanography classes at school didnt teach me how to deal with this LoL...

I was thinking of taking my live stock (just a clownfish, clown goby, and a few inverts) from the 5 gallon tank and temporarily housing them in my biocube in separate breeder baskets. My 2 options would be to either break down the tank completely while scrubbing the algae off the live rock, and then set it up from scratch. Or to just turn the lights off in the tank until the algae is hopefully all gone.

Just looking for some good suggestions on how to fix my aquarium up, as I can’t put the 2 fish in their directly in the main tank to live there as they would be terrorized and probably killed. Please give me some good ideas! Thanks all
 
How about a picture of the 5 gal and some more about the 5gal system, for example filtration.
 
How about a picture of the 5 gal and some more about the 5gal system, for example filtration.

This^^^ in my old 29G that I had I actually broke the whole thing down and set it back up a few time. Probably one of the contributing reasons as to why it never really did very well. It’s always better to let the system naturally fix an algae issue, especially if it’s well established.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new