Clear flatworm creature Gulf hitchhiker

diverjm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2020
Messages
344
Reaction score
288
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, hoping someone can identify this clear flat worm like creature I found in the back chamber of my Biocube. It hitchhiked from Tampa Bay Saltwater Live rock/sand. It looks like it has a skeleton structure, is extremely sensitive to light, as is super fast moving. IMG_4932.jpeg IMG_4935.jpeg
 
It is a lancelet which is a segmented worm that prefers substrate with shells and is a hitchhiker that scavenges. If they are thriving, you may be overfeeding or lacking in siphoning and maintenance.
 
Thanks guys and sorry for the crappy picture. I agree, it’s a Lancelet.
 
Late to this party, email us directly for faster responses.

Lancelet - (scroll down to bottom of this page) TBS Live Sand - occasionally found in our live sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new