Cloudy Copper WT

CSalt143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to why my QT w Copper suddenly torn cloudy. It’s a 28 gal. Quarantine w hang on filter, power head, heater, clip on led bar light, and pvc pipe. I’ve got 2 clowns and a Leopard Star wrasse. Leopard Wrasse was ready for DT after 5 weeks looking good, eating, etc. went down to find cloudy water overnight. Quickly acclimated Wrasse to display. (Not sure if that was good or bad, but panic set in). Did 30% water change, added carbon, and Vibrant. Looks better, but still cloudy. Any thoughts as to cause and next steps?
ok so i just recently bought a leopard wrasse and 5 days in, my tank went from beautiful to a cloudy dusty look. Its been fine until this fish. What did you do to clear it up? This fish is tearing my tank up!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to why my QT w Copper suddenly torn cloudy. It’s a 28 gal. Quarantine w hang on filter, power head, heater, clip on led bar light, and pvc pipe. I’ve got 2 clowns and a Leopard Star wrasse. Leopard Wrasse was ready for DT after 5 weeks looking good, eating, etc. went down to find cloudy water overnight. Quickly acclimated Wrasse to display. (Not sure if that was good or bad, but panic set in). Did 30% water change, added carbon, and Vibrant. Looks better, but still cloudy. Any thoughts as to cause and next steps?

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you, if you are in USA:

This might help you find people local to you, if you are outside USA:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Ok. Thx. I do have 6 golf ball sized bio balls in filter. Is this something that needs to be constantly swapped out?

Bio balls are for culturing your biological filtration, giving you added surface area. These are not something you would change out. Can't tell if your QT is something you keep running or if you setup only as needed. Back in the 80s, bio balls were cutting edge filtration combined in wet/dry filtration system but they've been repurposed many ways, though fundamentally function is still same - more surface area to help convert ammonia > nitrite > nitrate

Good luck to you (and belated welcome!)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back