Cloudy water in QT Tank

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g QT tank with three small fish; royal gramma, blue sided wrasse and midas blenny. I've had them in it for 8 days. Chemistry is good, staying on top of salinity has been only challenge. I have a HOB Aquaclear 30 and a power head with LOTS of flow. I'm 36 hours into a second dose of prazipro, fish doing well, eating.

The water is extremely cloudy, its getting hard to observe the fish. Do I worry about this? Water change? I've got a small UV clarifier, should I use this?

Thanks in advance!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a bacterial bloom. I would do a large WC. Do NOT use the UV when medicating. It can cause serious problems. If the water is med free you can run it.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it’s the actual water that is cloudy? When I dose PP I get a gray film on the glass after a few days, makes the tank water look cloudy but running a mag float over it makes it go away.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest danger here with the cloudy water is low O2 levels. Combine an airstone with a powerhead aimed up at the surface of the tank so it is actively rippling the surface which greatly increases (more than an airstone) O2 exchange.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 36 hours after dosing, Prazi-Pro has done all it's going to do. I've seen the stuff cause bacterial blooms in the past, so agree that attention to oxygen levels (seems you've got that covered) and a water change would be helpful here.

~Bruce

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back