Clown Fish Identification!

tottiforever

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2022
Messages
54
Reaction score
49
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

Picked up a couple designer clowns from a LFS that was closing down. As such, they only charged me what they’d charge for a standard percula ($25).

Anyone know what variety these may be? Sorry for the potato quality pictures.

Thanks!

BEAD3B8C-B6CA-4E13-890C-C79670A45B50.jpeg
D6595AC1-8A24-485E-B27B-187C6B09435F.jpeg
 
I know this is late but the orange one looks like a percula to me. It’s pretty much just a regular percula but it does have Picasso genes due to its little side burns
 
Be careful with one being a percula and the other being an ocellaris there can be aggression between them. I would keep a good eye on them. I hope everything works ok. Does look similar to a mocha gladiator but the eye is more orange which makes me believe its a picasso percula due to the coloring of the eye and body marks. I would agree with the black darwin post. I have a premium picasso percula which does look similar to yours. Either way gorgeous fish but as stated in my post be careful with them being a percula and ocellaris. A good tell is the more orange eye is a percula while a darker black eye is ocellaris. Hope things go well good steal either way.here is my premium picasso percula.

20220626_182609.jpg
 
the orange one is a onyx picasso.
 
Howdy,

Picked up a couple designer clowns from a LFS that was closing down. As such, they only charged me what they’d charge for a standard percula ($25).

Anyone know what variety these may be? Sorry for the potato quality pictures.

Thanks!

BEAD3B8C-B6CA-4E13-890C-C79670A45B50.jpeg
D6595AC1-8A24-485E-B27B-187C6B09435F.jpeg
Mocha something but could be onyx perc
 
I know this is late but the orange one looks like a percula to me. It’s pretty much just a regular percula but it does have Picasso genes due to its little side burns
Thank you!
 
Be careful with one being a percula and the other being an ocellaris there can be aggression between them. I would keep a good eye on them. I hope everything works ok. Does look similar to a mocha gladiator but the eye is more orange which makes me believe its a picasso percula due to the coloring of the eye and body marks. I would agree with the black darwin post. I have a premium picasso percula which does look similar to yours. Either way gorgeous fish but as stated in my post be careful with them being a percula and ocellaris. A good tell is the more orange eye is a percula while a darker black eye is ocellaris. Hope things go well good steal either way.here is my premium picasso percula.

20220626_182609.jpg
Thank you! They’ve been best of pals so far. Hopefully that keeps up!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new