Clown Frogfish

So for QT for this little guy, do i need to medicate him? if so, with what? I heard they react badly to copper.

I have a 5.5g open, so would that be the best quarantine for him then move him into the 20g after hes settled?

Thanks Steve :D
 
I wouldn't medicate unless you have a definite problem.

Just keep the water quality high in the quarantine. I usually do
a water change every couple of days as my QTs just have a
little hang-on filter.

A 5g will work fine as long as you pay attention to water Q.
I've noticed that anglers can raise nitrate levels pretty quickly.
 
Does anybody know the average breathing rate for frogfish per minute. i know i just added him in the tank, but just wanted to know.

Right now he is at 27-29 breaths per minute...

Steve :)
 
PICTURES!!

55003.jpg


55002.jpg


55008.jpg
 
Very nice.

I think that a zoa/softy/ricordia tank is perfect for a frogfish.
They don't get along with much else.

He's an awesome lttle guy. Quite a steal as these fellows
are in the $100+ range.
 
Good new is that he ate a ghost shrimp this morning and his breathing levels are at 17-19 breaths per minute, he is settling down nicely...:D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new