ryarnall3772

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20151001_072211.jpg
received_10207609771703931.jpeg
Quick back ground. .Don't yell at me it's my wife's fault..lol..1 1/2 month old 120g, lr, ls..wife wanted to go to the lfs last Sunday and spend some money. .who am I to say no..needless to say, we impulse purchased a rbta and the clown it was hosting. .added them to my dt together..rbta was stressed and hid under a rock shrunk up tiny..clown hasn't left it's side unless it is completely under the rock..nem starts to come out from under and clowns in it as far as possible. .tried spot feedin the nem..clown takes the food and spits it about a foot away on another rock.. this morning clown and the only other fish I have (lawnmower Blenny ) are huddled around it like guards

Question is. .are they doing good or more harm trying to guard their host?

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you start this tank from scratch or did you buy it already established?

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon Clownfish is know to be rough on hosting anemones, from your pic the anemone looks good to me ,the most important thing is to check your perimeters for any spikes with ammonia if your tank is new and still going through the cycling process.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As KJ said maroons are really aggressive ti the host nem looks good but new tanks are harder to care for mens they need stable environment that most new tanks aren't able to provide. Keep close watch on it and post parameters.

James7733

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 11 year old maroon clown has killed several btas to the point that I elected not to give him another. Rather I got him two large Haitians that I was told would not be hosted. Needless to say he went right for them anyway. That's the stubbornness of the maroon clown. Then I brought home a good size blue tip sebae. He loves the Haitians so much he leaves the sebae alone and the two Clark's now tend to the sebae with no harassment from the larger maroon. If I were to get another BTA I would find a way to cover it to the point that only the Clark's could tend to it. LOL

OP
OP
ryarnall3772

ryarnall3772

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your input! ..I've been keeping a close eye on them. .nem seems to be doing well. .coming out more and more all the time. .it still hides here and there..probably when it needs a break; )
20151005_130629.jpg

OP
OP
ryarnall3772

ryarnall3772

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all that worrying about the nem, it turns out the clown had the issue. .last night when I got home the clown was under the rock with the nem..not moving much..moved it out from under the rock..it was swimming erratic if at all..move it down to the fuge..not long after that it was a gonner..no visible external issues. .and didn't give any notice. .I'm so bummed:(

Back