Clown Tang bully

LoganGG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago I picked up a clown tang, I’ve read about them possibly being aggressive but my girlfriend wanted him, so we compromised and got him. Every now and then I’ll look at the tank and it will look like the clown tang’s nibbling on the side of my filefish. Before I consider getting rid of him, are there any countermeasures I can take? Maybe i’m not feeding enough, I don’t know. The filefish has been pretty skittish since adding the tang. Any help is appreciated.

14994C39-0484-460C-8CB0-FA8B88848C2C.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago I picked up a clown tang, I’ve read about them possibly being aggressive but my girlfriend wanted him, so we compromised and got him. Every now and then I’ll look at the tank and it will look like the clown tang’s nibbling on the side of my filefish. Before I consider getting rid of him, are there any countermeasures I can take? Maybe i’m not feeding enough, I don’t know. The filefish has been pretty skittish since adding the tang. Any help is appreciated.

14994C39-0484-460C-8CB0-FA8B88848C2C.jpeg
An idea of tank size and stocking will be best, by the looks of it your tank appears to be a 5’x2’x2’. In which case it may not be the best for the tang long term anyway (As you may have already seen, these are highly active and… well aggressive).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back