Clownfish acting strange

kwandrsn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two occ clowns and they always stayed together. And never went into the rocks. Well today the smaller one started acting like he was hiding behind the rocks and now he is staying on the opposite side of the tank than the larger one and where they usually stayed

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't read into it. It's nothing out of the ordinary. My male sleeps separately from the females and kinda stays on his own. Till yours become a mated pair they'll hang out where they please. IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kwandrsn

kwandrsn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just thought I was strange tonight is the first time they acted like that.

I have had a lot of stuff going on in the tank. Moving rock and such. Had a evil pistol shrimp and basically had to take everything out a few times to catch him. Then for a unknown reason one of the blue chromies kicked the bucket. Well I had a temp issue and I think that did him in. My tank got up to 83 but I got that fixed

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah then it's most likely stress. When stressed most animals, including humans, don't like the company. So long as they appear healthy I wouldn't worry. I mean basically there are only a few options:
Do nothing
Medicate ( nothing to medicate for)
quarantine (no reason)

Beyond providing stability there's nothing to do but wait.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps your male forgot your females birthday... or maybe she just told him she "needed some space" or was told he was being too clingy!! Maybe he's not a mind reader and she shoulda told him how she felt instead of letting it build up inside till she couldn't stand to even look at him!! wait... what were talking about again?

OP
OP
kwandrsn

kwandrsn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I just turned the bedroom light on and they both are back together in their normal spot. The heater lol. I noticed the female going after the other chromie they all 4 used to stay together until the one died now, they don't want nothing to do with the chromie. I've thought about buying another so the lonely guy has another buddy

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back