This is mine. It’s the devil.
D2572EFB-C6E6-4300-BDDA-3F082B45D402.jpeg

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets take a minute to recognize some of the most iconic saltwater fish in the hobby, the Clownfish.

Now in today's hobby there is so many different "strains" of these clowns it is wild.. there are midnight clowns, longfin clowns, storm clowns, the list goes on! Lets show off and show some appreciation to the clownfish of our tanks and tanks of past. I know locally here in the Seattle area at one of the LFS there is a pair that is almost 30 years old! My first ever fish was a regular Ocellaris, but that fish was with me for a very, very long time!

Currently in my tank I have a beautiful pair of Spotcinctus Clownfish, I have never in my reefing hobby kept these so with the revamp of my lagoon I decided why not give them a shot! I am so happy I did so, and really loving how they are growing out and looking!

Of course... enough with the chit chat! Lets see those clownfish and lets hear their story! Even the your favorite clowns in past tanks! I want to see them and hear about em!

IMG_1245.JPG
20210324_100853.jpg

Snowflake with white lightening

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys can recommend a pellet food that my clown will eat? He won't eat hikari nor Ocean Nutrition formula one. I feed frozen but he's $hip out of luck if I go on Vacay
I use Otohime pellets. All my fish love them except the few that only eat frozen food like Marine Betta, copper banded butterfly

bherbold8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No good pictures yet , but this is Tam-Tam. I believe she's a black ice? She was turned into a local coral shop when Austin had our ice storms, and she had been living in a little acclimation box with little room to swim. I swear she's the happiest fish of all time hah so grateful to have her own space! She coexists peacefully with a bluestripe pipefish and barnacle blenny. First time I turned the pumps off she played dead as to tell me she doesn't want to go back, could have shed a tear! PS she eats anything and everything

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you even have a reef tank without a clownfish? :p

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my prized beauties.. Juvenile pair of "Wyoming White"

I absolutely adore these guys.. They are so full of personality. By far my favorites of the fish I currently stock.

IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG
I have a pair of Wyoming White (they look different then yours) and I love them! In the last six months one has quadrupled in size and one has doubled :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Av
Absolutely not. Clownfish and reef tank go together like peanut butter & jelly, Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde or Dr Jiggle & Mr Sly.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to find out. Currently have just my female left. Not sure if she killed her mate or not, but she is plain mean. It’s not just one part of the tank she defends by attacking, it’s the whole thing. If you so much as stick a finger in the tank she will repeatedly bite the heck out of you. There is no shooing her away. What’s weird is if I put a glove on she’ll leave me alone. Seems to have a taste for flesh only. Lol.
And loves biting between the web of your fingers. She doesn’t bring blood yet, but it’s quite startling/annoying when you’re working in the tank. She currently lives in Casa de la sump and likely won’t make the trip to the new tank. I’m still undecided. She’s the one on the left.
A7358C2E-DA4A-4310-AA08-07D520F46BBA.jpeg

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these clownfish maybe two weeks ago. They were sold to me as Davinci clownfish but I have never heard of those so I was thinking he maybe meant Picasso. But I’m not sure they look like Picasso so I am wondering what you think they are? Also what the price would be for them because I think I got a steal on them. Sorry for the bad pic. They have a blue sheen that doesn’t show up on the camera.
image.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back