OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
currently no action, i think the people from who i bought these females from are duds, i am getting so upset, i have had no luck and a million pairs just doing jack! i have lights on 14 hours, ph 8.2 ammonia 0 , temp 84 , ato keep sg at 1.019. i make my own food shrimp scallops, cyclopeeze, ther-a all mixed each pair has their own tank. just dont get it..... what should i do?

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy proven breeding pairs or just mature females? Tell us what you bought and did and then we can analyze what you have and then direct you so you can get better results.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bougt a pair of.picasso from a person in philly who said they were laying and showed me babies in his tanks from them but never seen eggs or video, also I bouht a mature black.and white from another guy who.said he was gonna breed but beverages got.around to.it and that she was.laying before. Then I have some 1.5 year old pairs that are bonded that I am.waiting for.to.spawn. I also have. Regular occelarius that has laid for me but the male was eating the eggs for months so.i.pulled him and put.in a snowflake i guess win her I'm just waiting for her to feel him out.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breeders I talk to keep lower salinity and hotter tanks to ramp up metabolism and quicken spawning. I started feeding scallops oh boy fish went nuts over it.lol

Mr Cob

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
82.5 temp and 1.020 SG here...

plus small daily water changes, feed 5-7 times a day and I also feed live rotifers to my broodstock once or twice a week.

Sent from my HTC VIVID using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just woketo find one of the females eyes hugmongous, it looks like something poked or hit her eye, the clear part covering her eye is swollen , but no other fish are affected, i had some sharp plastic pieces of plastic in her cubical trying to keep her contained i think she smacked her eye on it or at least im hoping thats it.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just had a female clarkii have popeye... The thing looked like it was going to fall out it got so far out... After a few weeks you could never tell it happened. I do not know what caused it.. Nothing was added to tthe tank in a very long time..

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys get in your tanks and clean or is it rule of thumb not to stick your hand in there.

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had a lot of fluctuations in our broodstock tanks and the parents just keep laying. Our temps have been as high as 85 and our salinity has had wide swings too in times where we have been very busy. The parameters don't need to be dead on to get them laying and keep them laying. Sometimes its best to just let your tanks get nice and dirty and skip all the water changes. We just checked one of our 20 tank broodstock systems and we haven't done a serious water change in 3 months and we dump food in there. Just do a lil siphoning everyone once in a while. And it seems like there is always a new pair laying in that system. I think we only have 3 or 4 pairs that haven't laid in that system.

I wouldn't worry about the eye irritation. In times of stress remember more feedings and more cleanings = more healthy immune system. Let them heal themselves.

Your more than welcome to call me at the shop if you want to chat and pick my brain 1-331-GO-ALPHA It's much easier to talk than type ;)

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also... if you want a nice egg laying pair... please participate in my contests. One of the pairs we are giving away is super close to laying. If given a larger tank and some more food I'm confident they are weeks away from laying, not months :) We also have a ton of other large adults and egg laying pairs if your in the market.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/al...-free-clownfish-contests-sales-all-month.html

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for.the boost of confidence alpha, been at this for over a year and just striking out, hard to keep.wife off my back.latelty about them who tells me to sell everything , but being in he hobby of saltwater for almost 20 years I thought I would try, I would love to enter contest could always.use a good pair. Also thanks to all that have listened to my rambilings, will idol posted, and the eye looks less cloudy today but still big fish is.acting appropriate and eating

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the eye looks so much better without any treatment. tank has been stable and attempting to feed heavier, but fish dont have the drive to eat , always so darn picky. if i could get them to get eat more they would probably lay. currently i feed flakes, frozen mysis, frozen brine, home made food from fresh seafood, cyolopeeze.. i always wondered if i feed to much and their just not hungry

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and do you guys shut down the return pumps when u feed or just feed with pumps on, all my food gets sucked down before fish eat it if pumps are on

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bought an automated fish feeder to help with feedings, either that or its gonna trash my tanks lol

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today i come down to notice alot of activity in my tanks, biting of the pots, females grabbing males and pulling them back into pot just a flurry of activity lol maybe? just maybe. some time soon

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back