Clownfish are savages

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I removed a live rock from my display and didnt realize one of my damsel was hiding in there. He was out for a few minute and I put him back into the display. He was alive trying to catch his breath and then suddenly my 2 clowns dragged him into my bubbletip. RIP damsel. Couldn't react fast enough.

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I removed a live rock from my display and didnt realize one of my damsel was hiding in there. He was out for a few minute and I put him back into the display. He was alive trying to catch his breath and then suddenly my 2 clowns dragged him into my bubbletip. RIP damsel. Couldn't react fast enough.
This reminds me of a Climate Change story, you can't deny it's happening and the outcome is terrible but could possibly be prevented if we just change our habits?

The clownfish were good Samaritans administering a powerful sedative to calm your drowning damsel-in-distress. The bubble tip got a nice fresh meal and the damsel is done with suffering now and in a much better place than you put it.

We all get-it in the end.

:)

Rusty4200

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing. I have a new tank about 2.5 months old. I put a black and white clown in there. All of a sudden all the other fish died. I could clearly see the other fish tails and fins were nip at till thay were almost gone. My point is I believe the black and white clown beat them up until they died. I did see it dig a hole and rub all over it. I thought to myself that's his place.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns would attack my hand every time I was in the tank doing something. And while it’s not severe pain, it still hurts and surprises you when they dart towards you and take a bite!

RalphTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a paired set of designer clowns as per my avatar and after 2 years one turned on the other with vicious side swipes and head butts. Happened last week and now Max is solo. There are different fish in the tank but Max & Morritz were the only clowns.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowns are definitely pretty sneaky. i thought mine were chill (and they still mostly are) but when i added a flame angel who was a goon himself, he and the female clown went at it pretty good for about a week. i was surprised since the flame was so much more outwardly aggressive, but the clown was sneaky. she'd swim next to him all calm and lull him into thinking she was just hanging out and then bang she'd nip him and then he'd go chase her into her corner.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are awesome and fun to watch but complete jerks. I've never witnessed exactly what you did but some of my first fish were my occys. A girl that worked at a lfs had them as a breeding pair and got fed up trying to raise the fry and decided to sell them to me. They were actively spawning and I wasn't looking forward to pairing them so I jumped on it. Day one in my tank she swam over caught the male and killed him. I didn't stop this bc I though they were flirting until it was evident he was dead. She proceeded to kill another male and then I played fish swap with the lfs for a while trying other tiny potential mates. Finally I found an acceptable man for her. The nem and area around are clown territoy, they defend it from everyone even me and the female is very good about finding the largest chunk of food i offer (usually pea size) and feeding her nem.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my bullies, let's see some of yours.
IMG_20191117_144518.jpg

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminds me of a Climate Change story, you can't deny it's happening and the outcome is terrible but could possibly be prevented if we just change our habits?

The clownfish were good Samaritans administering a powerful sedative to calm your drowning damsel-in-distress. The bubble tip got a nice fresh meal and the damsel is done with suffering now and in a much better place than you put it.

We all get-it in the end.

:)

hmmm.;Muted

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back