Clownfish behavior

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first saltwater tank so I'm still learning clownfish behavior, I have two perc clowns (about 1.25 -1.5in) LaFawnda (bigger one) and Kip (smaller)

LaFawnda likes to hangout at the front left top of my tank for 80-90% and the other 10% she rides the current from the wave maker or will explore with Kip. While Kip, likes to hangout in the back right for about 40% of the time, and the other 60% he is exploring the tank. Also, LaFawnda gets a little snippy with Kip sometimes but it doesn't seem like anything crucial just a quick dart at him and then leaves him alone (especially during feeding time), I would say from what a notice she only does it a few times a day to him. They do swim together but I would say that's only about 10-20% of the time

Tank parameters are all good, nitrates are a tad high at 20ppm, currently only a FOWLR tank. Just curious if this behavior seems normal? From my research about clowns it seems like it's pretty normal, just kinda want reassurance. I'm sure LaFawnda is just hosting that corner and I'm hoping when I decide to put some corals in she will host that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back