Clownfish died overnight?

Jrswish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my two maroon clowns for 3 months, alongside a female lyretail anthias. Last night my male maroon died, the ONLY thing i changed last night was dose RedSea Ab+ for the first time and i turned down my flow last night as well, is it possible he died due to lack of oxygen? Literally rhe only two things i did was dose ab+ and lower my powerhead flow. All 3 of the fish were eating/active yesterday and my female maroon and anthias are doing just fine today.

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it could be anything, maroon clowns are agressive even to each other. Look at the fish: bite marks loss of color fin damage. Etc. Also is this a new addition? Flow doesn't really matter. Hell, I forgot to turn on my return pump last night and woke this am at 830 and everything is still alive. My wave makers don't cause a lot of surface agitation, so doubtful it's hypoxia.

Need more info, how big is the tank what's in it. Etc. Other want params. But yeah could just be stress.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 104 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back